Bitter/Sweet News
Hi all. Last week I found out I'm pregnant after 7 months of trying. It was the best news for me as I was starting to loose hope. I was diagnosed with endometriosis three years back and underwent three laporascopy surgeries in one year. My Doctors adviced me to concieve as soon as possible incase it gets to a point of them removing my womb, they classified my endo as an aggressive one at stage 5. So these where the best news ever, since this is my first baby. The problem now is my sister got a miscarrige two weeks before I found out that I was pregnant. I can't enjoy my pregnancy as much as I should. She always cries when she sees me even though she says she Ok and happy for me. I feel so guilty of being pregnant at this time. Please help me on how to handle this situation, I can't afford to stress. I need to be as healthy as possible for the baby.
first of all congrats on ur amazing news!!! i have suffered 2 m/c´s and an eptopic which resulted in me losing one of my tubes, i have just found out i am 6wks pregnant so i am over the moon but i can honestly say ur sister does not resent u on ur news but miscarriages are such a horrible thing to go through. when i had mine i couldnt bare to see babies or pregnant woman or even adverts on the tv relating to babies. ur sister is grieving and will take a long time to come to terms with it but u shouldnt feel bad because u have suffered enough!! have u tried talking to her about it or has she got someone to talk to about it? U need to concentrate on urself and staying healthly and relaxed for baby!! im sure she wouldnt want anything bad to happen to after everything u have been through would she? it is a horrible situation but just be there for her if she needs to talk( it may take a long time to come to terms with) but please think of u and ur baby. is she on this website? it helped me a great deal to know that i had someone who had been through the same experiences and that i was´nt alone and there wasnt something wrong with me! hope everything is good with u and let me no how u get on !!!!
take care and GREAT NEWS!!! be happy!!! u deserve it xxxx
First of all, congrats!

About your sister I would say be sensitive when you talk about the baby with her. Tell her the big news yes, but maybe dont divulge every little thing and save those other things for a close friend.
I've had miscarriages while people around me were pregnant. It was really difficult for me to be around them. They gave me the space I needed and eventually I was able to come around and deal with my emotions. Give your sister time!
Thank you very much for your responses. I now understand a bit of what she might be going through. Sarah... you maybe right, I'm so happy that I can't keep quite about every little thing that happens to me, doctors apps. ultrasounds, future plans and so forth. Now I know I should give her space to heal. I feel very bad about this and thinking I might have brought the pain back. You ladies are amazing, I can't imagen what you went through. I wish my sister was as strong as you are. She now feels she doesn't want kids anymore. I thank God for you and pray that He keep Blessing you and my sister ( All of us) forever.