Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Brown Discharge & Breast Feeling Sore

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Brown Discharge & Breast Feeling Sore

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you girls have or are currently experiencing what I am at this moment. In the last few days, my breasts have been feeling sore and I've had cramps. I got my last period on June 3rd; Today is exactly a month from the day I last got my period. Just yesterday, I started spotting a bit but nothing was visible on my pad. The spotting (Light red blood) would only show whenever I wiped. Today, I noticed that had a brown and sort of sticky discharge. I have usually seen this towards the end of my menstrual cycle...but it has never really been sticky. I don't know what this is due to....It might be necessary to share that I've had unprotected sex recently. Can someone please tell me why this may be happening?
If you think you might be pregnant take a home pregnancy test.  If negative repeat in a week.  If you dont know what to do at that point, make an appointment with your doctor.
I'm not sure what to think at this moment...My husband and I have been TTC for 4 years now...I will definitely consider taking a pregnancy test though...However, if the brown discharge is followed by a flow of red blood tomorrow...Do you think I should still take a pregnancy exam?
If you get red flow that is like a normal period then it would be unlikely that you are pregnant.  Bleeding during pregnancy is not common and if its heavy, accompanied by cramps or clots then the outcome is typically poor.  If you "feel" pregnant about a week after bleeding you can always take a test.  You can buy them from the dollar store for $1 so there is no need to break the bank.

So you have been TTC for 4 years?  Thats a very long time.  Have you seen a doctor?  Its typically suggested that if a couple doesnt conceive after 1 year of trying they see a doctor.  There can be some easily correctable things preventing you from conceiving.
Thanks for the comment. Today, I had a pretty heavy flow of bleeding, which only means that I have my period. It's a sad thing to have realized once again that I'm not pregnant...but I'm trying my best to remain hopeful. I had an HSG performed on me last month and about a week later, I started taking Metformin. I was diagnosed with PCOS this year after my husband and I both got checked out to see what fertility issues we might have that's preventing us from conceiving. It's been quite a challenge dealing with the fact that I'm the first in my immediate family with this issue. I'm just glad that I found this awesome website that has allowed me to bond with other women, like me, who are also going through the same if not other fertility issues, that would help me and other women understand how our body functions and differ also.
Well PCOS will definitely interfere w/ conceiving but now you are on Metformin your chances will a lot higher.  There are several women in here who have PCOS and then gone on to conceive.  JoyRenee, one of the community leaders, has PCOS and is now carrying her 3rd little girl after having some difficulty getting pregnant.  I believe she was on Metformin too but I'm not 100% sure.  You might try sending her a PM in case she doesnt stumble upon this post.
I believe I friend requested her but if I haven't...I'll make sure that I do. It's always a great relief to hear about women like me who have PCOS and are able to carry and give birth to a healthy baby. One of the things I learned about PCOS is that women who have it are more likely to have miscarriages. I just hope that If I ever do conceive...I won't have to also deal with having a MC....this would just be too devastating for us. Thanks for all of your feedback. I will definitely continue to making the effort of tracking, taking my medication, and also speaking with my doctor about other options, if deemed necessary.
i had my last period the same day and found out that i was pregnant..when i got a positive test i called my dr and he brought me in. my dr said my levels are high but i also had brown discharge only when i wiped and it was light.ii im not sure why it is i would call my dr if iwere you..i am also a little nervous and i have to retake levels on the 9th of july if anyone knows if yor levels are high could it be multiples?
Congratulations!

Can one have their period and be pregnant at the same time? I've never been pregnant and I keep hearing all kinds of things about women having their period a few months into their pregnancy...Is this normal?
Hi can anyone help me. I have now missed my period for 5 days now and I keep getting these bubbly feelingin in my stomach and little cramps like im starting my period but nothing yet and my breast are feeling a little sore as well when shalle I do a test?
Hollus commented on hansen20's status
57 mins ago
cowgirlup249 Have not gotten my AF this ... Comment
mary98136 commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy