C-Section Incision/Scar Tissue-HURTS
Okay, I had a c-section on February 3, 2009. Like I am sure most women get, I have scar tissue under the incision which I can feel if I push on it. However, the past 2 days there is one spot where my incision is that I have a larger bump that when touched hurts drastically more. Some days, if my underwear sits on that spot in a certain way it makes it sore. My question is, is this normal or should I be concerned?

More info: I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and I am not sure if my growing uterus could play a role in this as well).

I have a doctors appt this week in which I will inquire with them about, just figured I would ask you ladies if anyone had a similar experience?
anyone?
Hey,
I don't have experience myself, but I know of a woman on here who was having pain along her incision, and when she was checked out she was at risk for a rupture.  You should have any pain along your scar checked out, especially since not a whole lot of time has gone by since the section.  Good luck!
Thanks hun! i appreciate your response. I am going to have the doc look at it when I go in tomorrow to have my blood pressure checked.
I had a c-section with my first (Cooper) and I became pregnant with Cruz a few months after my sweet little man passed away. During my pregnancy with Cruz I too often had pain near my scar. Sometimes it would hurt really bad, like it was a fresh wound. Well, I had my OB check it out and he said that being I was pregnant again so quickly my scar tissue did not have enough time to fully heal, which inturned cause the pain. Scar tissue does not give like regular tissue,so that is what you are feeling is the scar tissue stretching.  

This was by no means dangerous to me or baby, it just was uncomfortable. As the months went by and belly got bigger it would still hurt but strangely enough not as bad as it did in the beginning.

I would still get your doctor to check it out though! Always better safe then sorry!
It could definitely just be tightening and pulling of the scar tissue.  I didn't mean to worry you if I did.  Plenty of women have pregnancies closely following a c-section and have no problems.  If it gets severe I would call right away and see what the Dr. suggests.  Otherwise I hope everything checks out great tomorrow!
Thanks ladies! I figured it was just something that happens...with close deliveres, csections.....so, I will have them check it out, and I am sure its nothing.

Again, thank you Rachel and mikaleen

rachel, I hope cruz is doing well!
All I remember my doc had told me to wait at least 2 yrs to allow my tissue to heal. He said if I didnt I could rupture it. I don't know if that help or not. I hope you feel better.
You are very welcome!!! And Cruz and I are doing great!!! I love this little man to pieces!!!!
I had the exact same pain you describe when I was pregnant following a c-section, I had 6 years between my pregnancies and the midwives and dr's kept dimissing the pain and telling me it was the uterus stretching/scar tissue etc because the scar was not fresh. It felt like a hot tight elastic band, like a burning throbbing pain and was unbearable to touch and started at around 27 weeks. I got to the point at 37 weeks where I couldn't bear it anymore and asked to see my consultant... at the examination he pushed down on the scar and I almost lept off the bed onto the ceiling... he scheduled an emergency c-section there and then. It turned out my previous scar had started to rupture and I was very lucky that they caught it and don't even want to think about what could of happened.

I am currently 20weeks pregnant again and am scheduled for a c-section at 37weeks this time to avoid any dramas!!

I will add it is very uncommon for it to happen but be pushy... if you concerned.
I had an emergency c-section with my first boy. Now he is 7 yrs. After the birth, I experienced severe pain, my incision was infected and I knew something wasn't right. The doctor kept on saying its "ok". After two months, I popped a hernia lambard disc. While my back, agony of sciatica nerves ran though my legs, I was still experiencing pain. I thought it could just be my ba luck body and how I healed so differently. 3 1/2 years later I was pregnant. During the second pregnancy I was in bad pain. My second boy was already too low in my belly on my six month pregnancy. I was in pain and not sure what it was. I could sleep. Until his birth of Febuary 2009, the doctor opened me for the second time. This time I chose a different doctor, and I made the right choice. My doctor said that I was lucky enough to take the second boy out, because during the plan c-section, it was difficult. The scar tissues were ridiculously bad, and my uterus was stuck to my bladder. So the first c-section was badly done, and left me with bad scar tissues and infection in and out. If I never had the second c-section, I never knew how badly was inside of me. Luckily my 2nd doctor cleaned me up and stapled me up appropriately. The first doctor sewed me up with many layers and my body reacted to the dissolving threats. My suggestion go ahead do a planned c-section and you will able to know the condition inside and the outside scar will not be as bad as the first time. As far as pain, we will always have the pain. It ***** to be a women.
I am having the same problem but not pregnant. It comes and goes but really sharp no burning. Tightens when I pee. Any ideas???