Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Could I be pregnant???

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Could I be pregnant???

I am 3 days late, which I know probably wouldn't bother most women but my period has always been right on time even before I started taking birth control. I am freaking out because I thought my period was starting a couple days ago but had none of the PMS signs that normally come prior to my period so I inserted a tampon perparing for my normally heavy period but later when I took it out there was only one tiny little inkling of blood on it, thought that that was weird but we were helping my sister move so just to be on the safe side & avoid a mess I inserted another tampon. When we got home that night I took it out & again nothing. I'm really starting to panic me & my husband wanted to wait at least a year before having any children & here we are barely 3 months into our marriage. I talked to my husband about it last night & surprisingly he is taking a lot better then me (the possibility that I'm pregnant that is) but after talking to him I couldn't sleep at all. So I was up all night looking up signs of early pregnancy & really the only symtoms (symptoms) I have are my late period & that I've been extremely tire for the last month way worse than normal. I keep really close track of my period & last month it was a little weird to but it kinda seemed to kick it into gear finally. I'm really worried. I bought a hpt today & plan to use it but how likely is it to show accurate results? How likely is it that I am pregnant? I'm so scared... I don't know if I'm ready to have a baby...
It should be accurate since you missed your period, but you should use it with first morning urine. If it happens to be negative and you still don't get your period, wait a week and test again.
The thing I realized is it takes nine months to make a baby :) so you have time to turn shock into pure excitement ! Are you on bc? Another thing that can cause your period to be off and even not come is stress, weather changes, missed a pill, medications, even having the flu or a crappy illness can alter it a little .usually you have to wait 5-7 days after your missed period for it to come out positive, I would wait another week just to make sure or even go to the doc and have them do a blood test that would tell you now then having to wait to pee on a stick
I was very regular except for last year December-February I skipped and then started again. It was strange, so when I missed my period in December I was like no big deal and then I started getting the morning sickness. Took one and it came back questionable and the. Took one two weeks later and that was positive. Went to the doctor and found out I was two months pregnant haha. 8 weeks now I'm 10 weeks. But I'm a single mother now. So as long as your husband is ok and you just seem to be stressing it more than you should. That could make you miss too. Just relax and take it easy.
I am on bc... Well was... After the first day of my missed period I stopped taking it because if I am pregnant I don't want to still be taking it... I've heard that's not good. Even when my stress levels are at an all time high my period has never been late. My lower abdomin (abdomen) is cramping a little today. Not to where I can't stand it or anything but I kinda have a high tolerance to pain. And I wouldnt be so worried if my period hadn't been so weird last month too. But idk I'm just at a loss right now & either way pregnant or not I'll take it in stride...
Thanks Emily... Yeah my husband just keeps telling me "don't freak out it'll all be ok. God has a plan for everyone. He has a plan for you and me, & if you are pregnant there really nothing to worry about" I'm so lucky to have a husband who knows just what to say.
I'm 22 and I guess God just might have different plans then what I had for our first year together. :)
Things will work out one way or another... It's just hard not to stress...
Take the test i want to no if u are prego lol! I think its cute when mommys find out.:)
Well I took the test today & it turned out negitive... I still can't help but feel that I may be pregnant since I still haven't started my period, I've had some abduminal cramping (which I never have during my period, just back cramps) & tonight my brest feel a little sore... So I'm gonna be waiting a couple weeks & retesting... We'll see what happens...
Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
13 mins ago
KTowne DH will be working out of t... Comment
28 mins ago
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
59 mins ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy