Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Could I still be pregnant, or is it impossible?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I trust you girls more than my idiot doctor who can't even remember that we are TTC. She asks everytime I go in there if it is possible I could be pregnant and everytime I'm like, duh. The worst thing is she is the same doctor who takes the fact I have had only 3 period a year for the last 5 years as just stress. (Don't worry I have an appointment for a new ob/gyn on Monday) My question is...could I still be pregnant even though the blood test they took 3 days after possible IB was negative? I have no idea if they tested to just see if I pregnant or if they did a test to see how much hcg there was. I think the first, the nurse just said it was negative and nothing else. I don't know how sensitive those blood tests are and what would make it positive. Or if 3 days past implantation would be too early. I was beginning to wonder if the symptoms were all in my head, but there were so many I didnt even know were symptoms until I told you guys about them. Like only feeling sick to my stomach when I laid down at night, I didn't know that was one until I found others who had the same thing.  I feel like I am going crazy.
I understand about how you feel about going crazy. I had some spotting on the 1st and 3rd of Oct. and started having symptoms within a couple of days. My breast size increased by 2 in. very tired all the time( could be from having 3 children LOL), then nipple tenderness. My youngest is 8 months old and still nursing,ouch! Migraines on both sides of my head, nasal stuffyness, bloating and the test I took yesterday was neg. Nothing has changed and if I still feel pg by friday I will probably test again. I know that there is a beta test, which is the HCG,and progestron levels and then there is a blood serum pg test. I don't know if they are different, but I think that they are. It takes your HCG level to over 5 before they consider it a positive. One hpt that seems to me the most sensitive is First Response Early pg test. I personally had is have a positive with only a 14 HCG level and they usually don't pick up till around 20 to 25 HCG. I hope this is helpful.
Brandy
Is it possible to have a hcg below 5 a couple days after I see spotting? I know hcg should double around 48 to 72 hours, but I dont know what level you usually start with.
the serum blood test and the beta tes are  both same test  they are considered  postive after the 5  the  frist  response againis gret home test ihave  seen it  give results early the serum hcg  usuallly  takes 3-5 days  show up that is  if i am remembering correctly  altough   ihave been out of tech  schol for awhile  I am lin MEdical lab tech anf i do sepcialized hormone testing.  ur levels usuallt start  really loww bascaially u are  starting froma  zero standpoint and seeing as they are hormones depending and how much ur body puts out  usually  will determine how much it goes up in a day or every other  day  so if u were  below a  5 and were pg then in  four days it should be  doubled to a 10 ifnot more  i hope this helps any questions just askhopefully i helped alittle
WebMD-  "HCG can be found in the blood before the first missed menstrual period, as early as six days after implantation."

I was there 3 days after possible implantation (aka my light brown spotting day). Should I get another blood test?
i dont think it would hurt  (  well besides the blood draw itself)  and might be worth to  find out  either way to easeur mind are  u looking into a new doctor?
What day did you get the blood test done?  Would you be at 6 days post ovulation at this point?  I would go ahead and schedule another blood test if you are.
I'm actually 8 days late. I had possible IB around expected AF so I was very upset at first but then it stopped and was never any color but light brown. It lasted maybe 12 hours. I was 3 days past the IB when I got the blood test, but since implantation couldve been a few days later than normal it could throw stuff off. If you base it off of ovulation I should know by now, but if I base it off of IB I'm still a little early to test. I am looking for a new doctor, I have an appt. set for Monday afternoon
Good luck and Lots of Baby Dust!  I'm in a slightly similary boat as you, but a few days behind you.  I've been having Very minor cramps for the past 2 1/2 days, (I'm 10 DPO right now) and minor spotting. It was so light that if I wasn't so aware of my body right now since ttc, that I wouldnt' have noticed it at all. Even now, I have to squint at the tissue to even see it!  I'm hoping that it could be implantation bleeding since its early for my AF. I took at test yesterday (even though I knew it was too early) and of course it was a BFN.  I'm trying to wait now until Saturday to test again.
I would have them test your hcg test now, or again for that matter since you don't know if they did that or not.  Whenever I was testing for pregnancy via blood work, I always had them do the hcg because that would say for sure.  One time I was 0 (obviously not pregnant) and another I was 3 (again not pregnant), then when I finally did get pregnant my levels were 150.  All of those were always taken a day after my missed period.  Implantation can also take up to 12 days, so if it has been longer then 12 days I would have them test again and if it's negative I would say you aren't pregnant.  If you aren't pregnant, than I would talk to your doctor about why you had that bleeding or why you are late with your period and not pregnant.
That was the answer I wanted from my first doctor. I went in saying the tests were negative so I needed to know if it was early pregnancy or if there was something wrong. I told her the exact timing of the bleed, what it was like, when I had positive opk, and how late I was. All I got was ok we will take some blood and then a random nurse called to tell me it was negative 4 days later (no other details) and I might have a minor yeast infection even though I wasn't complaining of anything like that and it has no effect on anything. That was it. No, lets follow up and see why or anything. Especially since I have had problems before she knows we are TTC. I asked the nurse what to do and she said if I skip another one I can come back in. What will that matter, they didnt do anything about it this time. I'm just praying that since I'm 8 days from IB (assuming again of course) I could get a BFP soon and answer all my questions.
hansen20 I have a little bit of egg ... Comment
specialmom Garden was in, plants thri... Comment
OctoberMommy2014 posted Colby Lee's 7-month ... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy