Gym??
Can I go to the gym now that I'm pregnant? I used to go on a regular basis (3-4 times a week) but I havent gone since I found out I'm pregnant (only about a week ago). I feel a little like I'm being lazy but I dont want anything to happen to the baby.
the main concern about exercising is getting overheated... if you were already exercising regularly then it doesnt hurt to maintain it with in reason...stay hydrated, be careful not to over heat and if you are tired you need to take a break! you may notice that you cant quite keep up the same as before but your body is working like crazy building a baby so try to keep it low impact, and really take it easy but keeping active is very healthy for the pregnancy and i truly believe it helps the labour process... and it increases oxygen to your baby... but again keep it safe and take it easy!
lol if you didnt catch that you need to take it easy :) i truly didnt notice i said it like 10 times... sorry... i should have proof read before hitting post...
okay I feel a little better. Maybe just walking on the treadmill and some light leg workouts.
One of my best friends who is a marathon runner, ran every day for 9 months while she was pregnant and she was fine. The baby was healthy and happy. She did about 6 or more miles every day on her treadmill because she was afraid to fall on her belly outside. So exercise is perfectly safe as long as you're not lifting heavy weights
My sister ran on her treadmill and had a prenatal exercise routine DVD that she did as well...
Typically, you can continue your exercise regime for as long as you are able too during pregnancy and this is actually encouraged by drs (check with your dr first though to make sure there isnt a reason why you cant exercise).  As others have mentioned, watch out for overheating and dehydration.
Be careful with your blood pressure too. I regularly go to the gym, but my OB said to cut it down to about 2/3 of what I used to do. So I walk on the treadmill like I used to (just go a bit slower), do prenatal yoga (which I love, total convert), and walk my dog at the park for a few miles, depending on mood. :)

Being active is good though, just don't overdo it and listen to your body. Drink lots of water, go a little slower, and don't overheat. Otherwise, the baby should be fine.