HCG slow rising, now doubled levels
I'm so confused.  My levels on 2/7 (4 &1/2 wks preg) were 195, 2/14 hcg was 250, 2/17 (6 wks prg) hcg was 345, and today 2/21 my hcg was 683.

On 2/14 I was told to be on bed rest for 3 days. I read every forum, prayed lots, and rested alot. On 2/17 I was told to expect an ectopic pregnancy, after physical exam, trans vag ultrasound, as well as regular sonograms I was told by the "on call" doc (since mine was out of town) - that I have a blighted ovum. I should expect a miscarriage and needed to come back in on 2/21 to see levels and discuss a D&C.

I experienced some dark red, brownish bleeding this weekend - lighter than a period, off and on for three dayts - that I just assumed was my miscarriage and maybe it's the beginning of it still, Idk.

Now Today, my levels have doubled in three days (for the first time since I've been pregnant).  My doc was back in so I went and saw him, he said the cervix is NOT wide open and it looks like NO tissue has passed.  My levels being up - doubled - confuse him and they want me to wait until this thursday to do this all again. He said we have a "glimmer of hope" by my hcg levels doubling, but that the bleeding isn't a good sign. He was confused that they told us I have a blighted ovum simply because they didn't see anything in the ultrasound so he doesn't know how they made that call. I think he hopes for us to be able to see a sac on thursday.

Any ideas what's going on? We are trying to trust the Lord with all we've got. We have been through the ringer with emotions this weekend. We understood that our baby was completely gone already and that this pregnancy was over. Now today we have a glimmer of hope?!?!?

Thanks for your responses.
hCG is different for everyone. For some women it rises slowly and all is well. I wouldn't lose hope. Get a sonogram in a week to see if you can see a little heartbeat. ;-)
iv had a blighted ovum pregnancy as well and unfortunately i miscarried 5 weeks along but ur nos seem great and picking up slowly..many pregnancies survive a blighted ovum and grow into typically normal children..dont worry i think its going well take it easy and relax worrying is gonna make things worse