Had a home brith/ home water birth
Has anyone had one? I would really like to know so I can get a better understanding of this birthing method.
I had a water birth at home. Being in the tub was really the only way I could get through the contractions. I labored in the water for about 4 hours. It was a wonderful experience.
I have considered having a home birth, but I am too much of a chicken, so instead, I had my 2 children at my midwife's house. She has a "birthing room" detached from her house, but is set up just like a bedroom. She lives about 15 min from me, and I was only there 2 hours after giving birth, and got to go home each time. It's almost like having a home birth, just at my midwife's house. The first time, I labored in a tub for about an hour which felt great! The second time everything went so quickly, we didn't have time to do much. I was at her house, gave birth and sent home in 6 hours total. If it's possible, I think it's a great idea to consider or try.
hi there i am on my 5th baby and b4 i got pregnant had it all worked out i wasnted the home water bith but i was in hospital watching my nephew be born (b4 i fouond out i was expecting)  and i actually had a caonvo with a midwife and she said i wouldnt be able to have a home birth nor a water birth as im now an "st risk pregnancy" cos its baby number 5 and im over 30 but i joined a sight called "mybirth t.v  its the lady who sets all the vids up on discovery home and health and i loved all the different views of it  take a look you might like it x
i had a water birth but it was in hospital, i felt during it as long as i had my partner, i could do it at home. i would recommend it - it is an amazing experience. usually your midwife will be at home with you. it should be fine as long as it is not a high risk pregnancy. the only thing is you cant have an epidural or anything like that as you are at home but most births are straight forward so why not? with birthing centres, i am unsure how they work but i imagine if its not in the hospital it is something similar. its a great idea and you are in the comfort of your own home. best of luck :) x
I'm in North Carolina and I talked my husband into letting me have a home water birth. I don't want an epidural, mostly because needles and hospitals creep me out really bad. I had a panic attack when I had to go to the ER and they had to give me an IV.

I like the idea of a home water birth because I know that I'm most comfortable in the water and I want to control my labor process, not the hospital.

So do I talk to my doctor or the midwife about this?
the next one you see, i would mention then. they will be able to direct you in the right way x
I'm in NC too. Sadlyy, it is illegal to home birth in NC. Which is a totally backwards law but it's true. So, if you ask your doctor he/she will probably jump down your throat. I don't know where in NC you are but I'm really close to the SC boarder and they have a birth center in Fort Mill SC. It's only 20 minutes from us. It gives you a "home like" environment without all of the medical interventions. It is a midwife run birthing center and they are very particular about who they will allow to birth there. You have to be a very low risk pregnancy.There are no midwife run birth centers in NC either. You can find underground midwives to assist you in a home birth but it can be  difficult. Your best bet is to seek out a doula. They usually know who to talk to. Message me if you want to talk more.