Hospital Bags
What are some things you pack in you are your baby's hospital bags? Just trying to get an idea for when its time to pack ours! And did your husbands/partners stay with you in the hospital?
For you, take a pillow or blanket unless you wanna use the hospitals.  Take a few night gowns and an outfit to come home in.  I would recommend stretchy pants because you dont know how you will be feeling.  Take a bra and some panties, although I definately recommend the hospital panties...very comfy and you just toss em which is great if you are a heavy bleeder.  For the baby, a coming home outfit, outfits for pictures, couple of sleepers.  Hospitals pretty much provide everythingfor you and the baby, so its really up to you and what would make you feel more comfortable.  Good luck!
I brought, a pair of baby clothing. I wanted my son to leave in. Clothing for me. And tooth brush, and stuff like that. Phone charger.. and glasses if u use them. A book..  
My mom stayed with me, as my brother an dad.. were a close family. And baby daddy ran off.
Of couse when it was time. Only my mom was in the room. : ) good luck
bump
I agree with comfortable clothes for you. The first two days after I had my daughter I stayed in the hospital stuff--gown/undies only because I didnt want to ruin my clothes since I was bleeding heavy. After that I was happy to get in comfy clothes and a nursing bra. Phone charger, camera, pillow (the ones at the hospital are really flat and not comfortable)-plus I brought my boppy feeding pillow which save your arms! For baby the only think I brought was the car seat, a few outfits, blanket, gloves so she didnt scratch her face and a hat. I didnt bring diapers and that kind of stuff because the hospital had all of that stuff. My husband stayed with me the whole time, he didnt want to leave until I did! They had an extra bed in my room and a recling chair he could use. I would also say bring a few snacks---I got sick of saltine crackers and hospital food.
My friend has this waterless shampoo that smells so good, its orange and i am definitely gonna get me some of that as i had a Csection and felt so grubby(you cant shower for a few days after) and im gonna pack anything that will help freshen me up as i know im gonna have a csection this round... the pillow i had was flat as a pancake and so uncomfortable!! so im bringing my own, definitely the nursing pillow also... im gonna try to find the disposable mesh panties as the hospital i was at was pretty skimpy on how many you could have and they are so comfortable im gonna need them... im packing way more clothes as like i said i didnt know id be having a csection and i didnt have near enough.... snacks as you cant guarantee youll like what they are serving and with nursing you do get pretty hungry...
even change is handy to have incase you want something from the vending machine...

I would even go as far as to bring ear plugs and a mask for sleeping as the ward can be pretty noisy and if you want to nap in the day when someone is there to watch the baby then you can.... or magazines, books for if you are left alone, are not sleepy and baby is sleeping...

oh and dont forget dad...my guy slept on the floor on a foam matress and a flat pillow...was very uncomfortable.... this round im not expecting him to stay at night mainly because he can go home for our daughter and bring her back the next afternoon... i dont know if ill get anyone to stay with me as im confident ill be fine, if i need assistance im hoping the nurses can help lol im pretty sure thats what they are there for?!  but just saying remember pillows for him too and PJs... clothes, ect
I told my husband to be there for the birth and after that he can go back to work. I know there will be nurses to take care of me and our baby. He will take off when we are finished from the hospital. =)
I'm glad this post surfaced again
bump =] also making a list lol!
Another post a saw the other day had a few women that sugested also purchasing a premie outfit even if you are full turn when you give birth.  Has anyone who has a child already found that this was necessary?
lol my daughter was 9lbs2oz! she didnt fit some of the newborn outfits she had lol
Yes.. my son was 8lbs and 19 inch long and I still needed premie for the first week
Good to know
This is so helpful....thank you all for sharing!
I just want to add that if you plan on nursing your baby you will need Vitamin D drops, formula already has it in it so disregard this if your not nursing and for the first bit vaseline is the only thing reccomended for babys bums and definitely helps with the meconium...
And i know others have talked about the flow following delivery but it is a very good idea to have the super maxi pads on hand when you get home (hospital supplies them while your there) and a good supply as you bleed what seems like forever! lol and it heavy! like a period on steroids!

Just a couple things to have on hand as im sure your hubbys wont wanna go check out which pad absorbs the most lol

This is helpful, I've been writing things down for my list all day. Thanks a bunch ladies; as a first-time mom I'm clueless about such things. :)
thats supposed to say that hubby wont want to GO TO THE STORE and look for which ones are the most absorbant...
another thing i thought of was we had the car seat in the car but not the mirror that goes in the back to keep an eye on baby and being a first time mom i didnt know how safe she was in the carseat as their little neck jsut flop over when they sleep so i stayed in the back on the way home to keep an eye on her... the back seat is not comfy at all lol so this round i am definitely gonna have that mirror ready to keep an eye on her...or him lol

Im sure ill keep thinking of more things lol it wont be too long and we get to meet these little angels!! and talking about all this makes me so excited!!
Love this list.  I keep writing everything down to have handy. Love all the great tips :)
I pack my bag as if I'm goi,ng on vacation!! Ha* I stay longer bc of having  c-sections. I pack lots of toiletries bc I never really like the stuff the hospital gives to you, plus I bring my own rag to wash my face with..ill use their towels to dry off with after showering, but not on my face..;-) I pack snacks like granola bars, rasins, trail mix( to help with that first bowel movement, its kinda scary..;-)...) I also pack juice boxes bc I can't always make it to the vendening Machine...I pack my good bras, nursing ones if your gonna nurse, I only pack a going home outfit bc I just wear the hospital gown bc I get poked n prodded so much and nurses are always checking the scar, so its just easier for me that way...for BABY, bring a nice cozy sleeper..I'm real careful abt buttons/neck lines that could be uncomfortable for baby to be in..plus make sure its been washed in gentle detergent..a pacifier..cute outfit for pictures in the hospital..nail clippers( babies usually have long nails when first born and you don't want their little face scratched up)...going home outfit..you won't need diapers, burp clothes, wipes, cream etc..the hospital provides that for you..;-) .........I don't bring books/mags bc I've never had time to read any of them anyway..there is paper work to fill out and stuff to read from hospital so I just never had time...phone and charger!! ;-) I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty..;-)