Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Is it safe?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Is it safe?

I took a pregnancy test today not thinking anything of it. I thought it would be negative and I'm still in denial that it came out positive. I would be around 5 weeks pregnant as a website calculated. But I'm worried! I had medium rare steak last night, I had over easy eggs all last week and I've been around cat litter. Each which can cause harm to a pregnancy. It being so early in the pregnancy, I am very concerned that I have already harmed the development of the baby. Somebody please help with some advice.
It's fine just watch what you eat going forward.
It shouldn't matter for the foods. My doctor said only no cold meats or soft cheese. I'm not sure about the cat litter thing though. I also didnt know I was pregnant till I was eight weeks, and had been eating all that stuff. The baby lives on the egg yolk for the first 12 weeks, so the doctor told me it would be ok. Now that you know, just try to be a bit more careful. But I have still had that stuff sometimes. Listeria is pretty hard to get so I wouldn't worry too much I'm sure your bub is fine.
I didnt know i was pregnant til i was nearly 19weeks and id been doing and eating alot of things they say u shouldnt, id been out drinking, smoking, riding roller coasters...... i stopped doing it all as soon as i found out i was pregnant and my little girl is perfect :) im sure u will be fine
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Sharii2408 commented on photo
Sharii2408 commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy