Menstrual type cramping at almost 30 weeks...
For the past few days I have been having some mild menstrual type cramping on and off. I was wondering what it is. Is it BH contractions? My tummy doesn't really feel tight when I have them. I have read that feeling menstrual cramps is a sign of labor. Is this true?
Well, my contrations felt like menstrual type cramps.  Is your tummy hardening with some of the cramping???
They could be BH contractions.  A lot of times with a BH contraction only part of your stomach will tighten up as opposed to the whole thing so its possible you arent recognizing a localized tightening.

Menstrual-like cramps can be caused by several things including BH contractions which can be very painful toward the end of pregnancy - it does not mean labor is impending.  However,  I would mention this to your doctor at your next visit.
I have been asking my doctor. I was experiencing them a while back too and he just told me I needed to drink more water. No, I havn't noticed my belly getting hard with the cramping. I just don't know what its from? Could it be just growing pains maybe?
How long does it last for and how often does it happen?  The reason  your doctor said to drink more water is because dehydration can cause contractions so he probably wants to rule that out.  Does drinking water help at all?  Its very easy to get dehydrated during pregnancy and not know it especially in these hot summer months.
They last for about 2 minutes and come about like 4-5 times a day. I really notice them when I am relaxing and laying down. I don't think I have had any BH at all this pregnancy (that I can notice). Whenever I feel them I always check to see if my belly is hard but its not. No, drinking ice water doesn't really help much, it just makes her move uncontrollably. LOL.

I go back to the doctors in 2 days so I will ask him about it again. Could the position of the baby cause me to have those types of cramps? I was wondering about that because I have this spot in my middle back that KILLS constantly. Also, I am really sore in the cha cha. It feels like DF and I had a 2 day sex marathon. Maybe it's the way the baby is sitting?
It could be the babys position.  Sometimes Jazmine would stick her foot under my rib for hours and that was quite painful.  Does changing positions help?  When you press down lightly can you feel your baby in the spot that hurts?  Also, is it the same place that hurts each time or does it change?
Ya, I can feel her if I press down. She's also down really low. I havn't tried to change my positions yet, but the next time I will. Its the same place that hurts. Just in the lower abdomen in the front.