Ovary pain post-partum?
I had my baby 3 weeks ago and on and off mostly for the last week I have been having pain in my ovaries, usually one side at a time. the pain is really bad but comes and goes, and I know it is not just the post-partum cramping, because it feels specificto the ovary. I have had ovarian cyst in the past, but they have never really given me any pain in the past. I am not sure if this is just part of my body getting back to normal or if it is something that i should be concerned about. anyone who has had this or knows anything about it would be great, Thanks
I've given birth 5 times.  I don't recall ever having anything like what you are describing.  If it were just one side I'd say that MAYBE your body was already trying to ovulate but since you said it's both I doubt that is it.  I would call your doctor and explain what you are feeling and see if they feel it's necessary for you to come in sooner than your 6 wk pp appt.
Yeah, it is has only been on one side at a time, but it has been both sides at one time or another. it is somewhat possible that it could be ovulation pain since i usually get my first period at 5-7 weeks post-partum even though i breast feed. This is my 4th baby and I have never felt this with my other babies eithier! Thanks
I got cysts for the first time about 2-3wks post-partum after my 2nd child was born.....it was about a month ago. I never had anything like that after my daughter's birth, and I don't have PCOS or anything like that.....my OB was shocked to hear that I have cysts because I've always been ridiculously regular and fertile....but for whatever reason the hormones after delivery caused about 8 cysts to appear on my ovaries....it could be that for you.

they gave me a general antibiotic because apparently something about in case they all burst close together they didn't want me to get an infection, and some pain meds...so if the pain gets bad I would say go in and be seen to be on the safe side ( in case it's NOT that...abdominal pain post-partum of any sort should be taken seriously).