Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Pregnant and symptoms come and go...normal?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I've heard/read that in early pregnancy, symptoms come and go and I know this is normal. What I'm wondering is whether or not anyone knows WHY they come and go like that? Yesterday I was freaking otu b/c my bbs stopped hurting and i had no nausea and in no way felt pregnant. Today, at least my bbs are sore and i'm hungry. I didn't wake up to pee last night at all, which is the 1st time thats happened since I found out I'm pregnant. When will the symptoms starting coming to full effect
It's normal if you ask me.  It happened to me and I freaked out too.  But, give it some more time and it will all hit at once and last a few weeks (if your lucky).  My sister in law was sick her entire pregnancy and only gained 9 pounds.  I finally started feeling better around the 14th week.  The only thing that helped keep me from calling in sick every day was Ginger Ale.  Literally nothing else worked.  
It is normal and many women never get the symptoms that come on "full effect". I am 13 weeks and I still have never had to get up during the night to go pee.  Every woman is different. With my daughter I pretty much had an entire symptom free pregnancy. It was great!
its sooooo normal. Blame it on hormones! lol. as your baby grows and develops your hormones will fluctuate! I am first witness on this one! with my first two pregnanices i had morning sickness, the full efffect vomitting n all, begginning on week 7. they didnt go away unless i took tabs. well with this pregnancy my symptoms were all over the place. just like you i would go nights where i didnt get up to pee and i didnt feel as sick as i did before. and just yesterday i was starting to get worried because my morning sickness with this pregnancy is nothing like my first two, lucky for me i had a check up yesterday and there was my little bean! so i knew instantly it was normal for symptoms to change like that. there probably wont even come a time when they "come into effect" they will either continue to go this way, get a little worst then better by 12 weeks or go away all togeather! if ever you feel concerned come to us or call up your doc. do not feel like a pest either. so many women go through these exact things! like me! good luck, take care and am sure your little peanut is in there safe and sound.
thanks so much!!! I have full on fatigue, breast tenderness, backpain and headache. It ***** but I love it!! The fatigue is hard to cope with. 9 hour work day beginning at 5:30 am (which means I wake at 4) and then my last grad class and thesis work when I get home each day. All I want to do is sleep!!!!
Thanks so much for the support!
i think its when the hormones are rising that you feel the symptoms the most. They settle a bit and rise again. So i believe that is what you are experiencing.
erickajoy518 is ... Comment
melimeli please take the survey at t... Comment
KTowne, Shannon79, KeeLolo, and hansen20 commented on Belle313's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy