Quad Test - when did you have one?
My doctor ordered a Quad Test for me in a few weeks; I will be 11 weeks by that appointment. I have been reading online that Quad tests are not done until weeks 15-20.... is this true?? Is there even going to be a point for me to get tested at 11 weeks; will it be accurate? I have read all about the test and know what is involved. I'm just wondering if anyone else had a Quad test so early on?? Thank you!
Never had one. But I think you should ask your doc to wait on it because everything I just came up with said the same thing! 15-20 weeks with the strongest recommendations at 18.

The results of the test are only to give you a percentage of what may be wrong so if you get high test results back, don't freak! Doesn't mean anything is wrong with baby.

I would push the test back until later!

AFP is done at 11-13 wks, Quad screens are done later at 16wks. Alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) blood test checks the level of AFP in your blood, it's a substance made in the liver of you baby. The amount of AFP can help see whether the baby may have such problems as spina bifida and anencephaly or birth defects.