Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Safe sleep aids durring pregnancy

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Safe sleep aids durring pregnancy

Does anyone know if there is anything safe to take while pregnant for sleep? I'm in my 7th week and I'm so tired but cannot get any sleep, I'm up all night.
My doctor prescribed me ambien, but before that she told me it was perfectly safe to take tylenol pm, or benedryl. Good Luck!
I was told I could take unisom, tylenol pm and excedrin pm for sleep troubles.
My Dr. prescribed me Unisom with Vitamin B6 for my nausea, but he told me that the Unisom is so I can sleep at night and not wake up throwing up all the time, so I took them and boy did they work. I couldn't take the Unisom and Vitamin B6 during the day because I would pass out lol, so I could only use it at night my Dr had to prescribe me something else to help ease my nausea during the day (Zofran). Also I took the soft gel form, don't know if there’s any difference, and my Dr said that it is perfectly safe to take while pregnant. Hope this helps and hope you get some rest soon =0)
I would think melatonin would be safe just because it is naturaly produced in your brain. Double check with your dr before taking any medication
Fatigue and insomnia come with the pregnancy territory- we all go through it. Just try to relax before bed. It helps me to journal or to make "To Do Lists" so I feel a little more calm and organized before bed.
My dr always told me to take Unisom but only a half of one. Its just enough to relax you and help you sleep!! Good luck!!!
Lumibutterfly added the Pregnancy Tracker
hansen20, and KTowne commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy