Sex to Induce Labor..Did it work for you?
I was just reading about labor..and came across things that induce labor..although I am not ready to try any of that..since I am just about to reach my 37th week..but I was just curious if any of you mothers out there had tried "sex to induce labor?" And for those of you who have tried it did it work for you? If so how long did it take you to go into labor..One of my friends also told me to try this..But like I said I am not ready for this..Both of my two kids came early and I am hoping this one will stay a little bit longer..

6
1. Tried it and it worked for me!

6
2. Tried it and didn't work for me!

3
3. Tried something else that worked for me!
I think I tried everything in the book (other than Casteroil--spelling???) and nothing worked with my first.  She was 10 days late.  Good luck!
I tried sex and that didn't work. I was having contractions three minutes apart but I wasn't progressing so I decided to go for a long walk, about an hour after the walk my water broke sooo I think the walk helped get things going but I was technically already in labor.
i tried sex to bring on labour and it worked. had sex at eleven and was in labour at two. however that was my first pregnancy, tried it on my second child and it didnt work. worth a try though.
I'm not really sure it worked for me. at 36 weeks I had the bloody show and my midwife told me to walk like crazy, bounce on my exercise ball, and have lots of sex. I think walking was the best in my opinion. Although I'm sure sex helped to soften my cervix.  I walked up and down hills, I was nuts! When I would come back home, I started having contractions. By the end of my 37th week, for 2 days I was having contractions all day, but would stop at night. So we did castor oil since I was 5-6cm at that point. an hour later they were 2-3 min. apart. Had him at 38 weeks. With this pregnancy I plan on walking like crazy at the end again! =)
It was the night before I had my daughter, we tried it and I was having contractions.  I really thought it was just gas because I had broccoli the night before as well.  Come to find out I was in labor =)  So it was either the Broccoli or the sex.  LOL  It was also Valentine's Day when this all went down.  I didn't have sex for almost a month (by belly was SO uncomfortably BIG~4th baby) and just thought I'd have sex on Valentine's Day to make DH happy.  Well, made the baby happy as well.  She came right on her due date =)

Good luck
I went for a doctors appointment for my 40 week check up, which was 2 days before my due date. That night we had sex and 2 1/2 hours later I went into labour. I didn't know that it was labour, I had back labour so it wasn't what I was expecting. But I went into the hospital that night, I was only 2 cm but my blood pressure was high so they kept me, a day and a hlaf later I finally had my son on his due date. So sex worked for my hubby and I. It's worth a shot, but walking and doing stairs is what seems to get things going more than anything else, at least that's what I have heard.