Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
Vaccinations

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Vaccinations

Hey ladies. Ive been hearing about your baby having problems if you vaccinate them when they are born. What do you think about this?? How many of you are vaccinating and how many arent?
Im not vaccinating until baby is atleast 6 to 8 months old, My other 2 children weren't vaccinated until then either. I think its in the babies best interest to vaccinate so please dont get me wrong, I just also think that having babies vaccinated soon after birth is a lot to be asking from their tiny lil bodies.
Go look at www.****.com - I decided not to vaccinate.  
I am with BTS1022 on that.  I didnt vaccinate until 6 to 8 months.  But it is what every you feel comfortable with.  Their has been many many trails done in newborns and infants that show it is safe.  However, I decided to wait a bit.
we have decided not to vaccinate our little girl right away (if ever) as well..   There is a lot of information out there..  I would advise talking with a naturopathic doctor as well as your pediatritian.. hear what they both have to say, and why they believe in what they believe in
we arent vaccinating until our son is a year old and then we are only doing some of them not at all, all of them.  There are some im ok with but def. not until hes a year old.  Some are not worth it so, its really a personal opinion and you want to read as much as you can so that you can have an informed decision.    
I have a question about this topic that I've always wondered about, but have never completed any research to find the answer.

Can your children enter public school without being vaccinated? In FL, you need your vaccination records to be registered for Kindergarten. How do you get around that?
my son was vacinated at birth.

g8r grl- i thought that every state in the usa requires children to be vacinated.....the only way that i know around that, is homeschooling.
Also to add to my previous comment to why I chose to vaccinate later, was my son is not going into daycare until he is 1 year.  If you decide to do daycare then you might want to consider doing it earlier, kids pass a lot of things around.  Also my ped said it depends on where you live...meaning a higher populated area or an area where you get more immigrants there may be more potential to pick up diseases.  
I have had all 4 of my girls vaccinated from the day they were born and none of them have ever had a problem with them. They never even ran a fever after there shot and that is a common side affect. Every parent has there own way of rasing there kids. That doesn't mean one way is better then the other. Good luck on making your Desion. When you do dicide you will now that you make the right one for your baby.
yea florida and i think texas also, requires that every child have the correct amount of immunizations before entering public schools....maybe even private....

i'm going to get the most needed vaccinations immediately, then wait till he's 6-8 months for the rest, but that's mostly because to me, a baby can't talk and tell me what they're feeling, if something is going aloop, and i don't want alex to have that much pain, especially since he's got to get circumsized right off!!!

i think my mom  had all 4 of us done immediately, and none of us had any issues.....and actually my family is more "safe than sorry" so all of us got our shots before leaving the hospital, and no one i know of has had issues with it....
I will be having my son vaccinated for everything and will follow the Dr.'s recommendations and scheduling, personally..

i don't have kids but if i had any i would get the vaccinateions that are recommened i had all of my shots and i am healtyh and wouldn't wait to put my child safety at risk. better safe then sorry.
I have friends who are splitting up their vaccines. I think they have to go every month for 4 months
i am the mother of two and had my children vaccinated since  birth  just make smore  sense than  having them sufffer through  some of the diseases that  can be provented through  vaccination but again to  each their own
actually every state i know of, and ive lived in most, require up to date vaccinations before they will let your children start school. some day cares now even require proof of up to date vaccinations. not even freedom of religion will get you out of the vaccinations the only way around it is to home school.
i got my son his vaccinations from birth and plan to do the same for my daughter, untill there are more studies ill take the good resultys ive witnessed over theories, there are theories every day about something else being horrible for you then a month later its ok!
With respect to the school issue, there is a clause that a parent can "opt" out of the immunization requirement and this is something that NO SCHOOL will ever tell you about.  I looked up this question for our county and found out that you can sign a waiver.

Unfortunately, if you choose this route, the school has the right to keep your child out of school if they run into any exposure issues on campus (which is all the time in my opinion).  Your child could end up being forced to stay home for a week or two at a time, until that particular infectious period has lapsed (like 21 days for chicken pox, etc).
Also, there are religious waivers, as well.
**IMPORTANT**

Vaccinations are NOT required for a child to attend public school. A waiver is signed by the parent when the child is registered, stating the child is not vaccinated due to personal reasons/beliefs. IF there is an outbreak at your school of a disease your child is not vaccinated for, he/she will not be able to attend school for the duration of the outbreak. I work for a school district, and I have looked into this topic personally and professionally (we get a lot of calls from parents asking this very question). It is NOT a law that you have to vaccinate your children, it's a personal choice.

My husband and I have not fully decided whether to vaccinate or not, but are leaning more on the side of not. Either way we are waiting until our son is at least 6 months old. Just the "ingredients" in vaccinations is disturbing. Do a lot of research..... you'll be surprised what you find out!
We plan on following the doctors recommendations.  I would rather my child not be exposed to children who could be carrying diseases (sorry to be so blunt).  Plus, I wouldn't want my child to suffer the wrath of a disease that is completely preventable.  There is a rise in preventable disease because of the large number of immigrants that come into this country without vaccinations and from the children who are not vaccinated contracting these diseases and spreading them further.  Therefore, if I chose not to vaccinate my child I should expect that my child would be get at least one disease.  My brother is in medical school out east right now and sees some pretty incredible things in the pediatric dept. of the hospital.  Many of those incredible things include very sick children with diseases that haven't been seen in years simply because the parent opted not to prevent the disease.  Personally... we will be vaccinating our children.  We will take the small chance of something going biologically wrong with the balance of the vaccine in the child's body.  

Good topic by the way!
There are also holistic ways to treat your child that dont pump them full of horrible ingredients, its just up to you if you feel like doing it.  Im fortunate enough that my sister is an acupuncturist and also knows tons of herbs that i will be giving my child that are natural and from the earth than stuff that i cant even pronounce.  Again everyone is going to feel different about this, but as babydreams9 said you dont have to worry about your child not being able to go to school because you chose an "alternative" route.  
KTowne, and Hollus commented on KTowne's status
KTowne We got a puppy today.. we a... Comment
KeeLolo commented on aiyanas_momma's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy