When the baby's head is down during late pregnancy (27weeks) does that mean an early delivery?
Ok, so My mom has already said she thinks I'll deliver before my csection date which scared  the heck out of me. I've had NO contractions (a few BH 2X) and no symptoms of early labor... but I know it can happen all of a sudden.

So friday at my U/S little TJ's head was down, and he's been head down almost my whole second trimester.
Does that mean I have a higher chance of a preemie delivery?

My friends at work who've had kids think so.

No, you don't have a higher chance of delivering prematurely. Your little one just likes to be upside down! My kids were head down almost their entire time in the womb. And it's still early enough that he can turn around (which won't matter since you're getting a c-sec anyway).
You can't base it on that...my last two pretty well stayed head down....this one was head down for a long time...then flipped for a couple weeks then flipped back over to head down.  IMHO I wouldn't use that to base anything on...unless a doctor tells you otherwise.  A lot of people "THINK" they know what is an indicator and what's not....what may be an indicator in THEIR case isn't always going to be true for YOU.  This time my son was head down at 23 weeks and stayed that way til around 27 weeks then flipped back by 29 weeks ...i'm now 33 wks now and he's still head down...no contractions other than typical BH and no other signs of preterm labor.  When he was butt/feet down I was having some very intense contractions that I SWORE were making me dialate (they weren't) but I was VERY uncomfortable and could constantly feel MAJOR pressure on my cervix....doc said it's becuase he was feet/butt down.  Ever since he flipped back to head down I haven't had ANY of that discomfort.
Thanks,that's really reassuring. My mom is just basing her opinion on Intuition... she thinks he's destined to get here earlier to say HI.
(I hope not)

And I've learned to tell when He's head down, because i'll get "thumps" on my bladder and within a few seconds usually I'll get kicks or feet in my ribs!!! It's kind of creepy.

I did have BH contractions the other day, from heat and not drinking enough water, but I drank like 16-24oz of fluids and it stopped.

Another question: Can BH's hurt?  

My mom swears (she seems to forget what she told me growin up) that BH contractions aren't supposed to hurt at all, just be a little uncomfortable... etc. etc.. and that I cant know that they're BH's even when they come at semi-constant times. (3-5min or so) just because my WHOLE stomach doesn't get rock hard... I tried to explain to her that I've got "fat" on my belly that'll never truly harden up. but my stomach will get a big cramp ALL OVER mainly in the lower belly but it extends to the upper belly and lasts about 30+ seconds.... I've only had a series of them 2X.. and both times stopped them with a glass of cold water.

Thanks for the advice.. I am happy we have some experienced ladies on here!
I've had bh that were pretty intense....they bordered extreme discomfort and being painful.  So IMO yes they can "hurt".  BUT they feel different than real contractions and you CAN tell a difference....braxton hicks you will typically just feel your uterus tightening into a ball for a period of time then relaxing.  With REAL contractions they tend to start towards the back and you can feel it WRAPPING around towards the front as your uterus tightens.  You may also feel WAY more pressure on your cervix.  Another way to tell is to change your activity...if your moving around, lay down....if you're laying down ...get up and walk....drink LOTS of water (as you said) and see what happens.  BH will tend to ease up when you change your activity and increase fluid intake.  REAL contractions won't change regardless of what you do.

I think your mom is trying to be helpful but is really misinformed :)  Many of our generations mothers don't know much at all about these things becuase they weren't talked about back then.  We are a far more open generation than theirs :)  My mom constantly asks me questions about certain things pregnancy related.
Yea, the problem is... my mom went to nursing school (didn't pass the physical exam) and thinks she knows EVERYTHING... she gets offended if I tell her she doesn't even nicely. of course.... I'm the same way because I read lots of informational things.. but I don't mind being corrected esp. if I'm wrong.
Yeah, BH can hurt!
I know your mom means well, but head down at 27 weeks doesn't really mean anything.  My daughter was head down and everything was fine, but at about weeks 34 we discovered she had turned and was head up.  Then she decided to come at about 36 weeks in that same breech position.  One thing about babies is that they come when they want and how they want! LOL!
At 24 weeks my baby was lying sideways. I has an emergency scan at 25 and my baby was breech, but at my 28 week appointment she was head down. Im now 30+2 and have my next appointment tomorrow. Midwife says theres still plenty of room for her to move about in there and not to worry about positioning. My little brother was breech until 37 weeks when he turned head down. My mum had to be induced as he came late. I dont htink you should worry :)