Which Brand do YOU Prefer?
I'm making a diaper cake for my SIL's baby shower. I bought Pampers Swaddlers diapers and then heard that they have a chemical in them that is prone to harming baby's skin. I don't know if that is true or not (it was just told by me by another diaper-cake maker who only uses Huggies for the above mentioned reason).

So anyway, those of you who have/had newborns, which diapers worked best for you?

I need to know because when you make a diaper cake, you can't return the diapers. I need them to be useable for the new mommy. Please leave a comment if able with a reason for your choice. I've never tried New Generation and interested to hear about those diapers, too, if any of you have used them.

♥
Joy

4
1. Huggies

17
2. Pampers

0
3. New Generation

0
4. Off-brand (comment below)
Joy-
Oh my goodness! I have never heard of pampers hurting a baby's skin! When my son was born I LOVED pampers swaddlers until he hit about 3.5 months. Then his little body, and tiny bum, worked much better in Huggies. So for my next baby, due March 9, I purchased a box of Pampers Newborn Swaddlers.
Coscto sells Huggies in a huge box and Sams Club sells Pampers in huge boxes too. So whatever you decide you may be able to pay less by going there.
Hey I am doing a diaper cake for my SIL too I am using Pampers in my opinion and alot of others Pampers is the best hope this helps.. :0)
I used Pampers to begin with because that is what the hospital used; they used the Pampers Swaddlers. Good Luck!
hazleyez- what size are you using for your diaper cake? I bought size 2 because her last baby was pretty big.

Sam's Club is a fantastic idea, Whitney, thanks! I may keep the set I already bought for my future baby (I have a small stash I've started to put away when able) and go get her a big box from Sam's instead for the cake so I can make it massive and enormous!
I used Pampers in the beginning and then switched to Huggie Supreme's because the Pampers were making Aspen break out in the worst rash. She has really sensitive skin and because Pampers uses fragrance in their diapers it messes with her skin (thats probably the chemical you're thinking of) and Huggies and I believe White Cloud are fragrance free.
I am using size 1 swaddlers 100 pack..what kind of cake ur making? im going to make a 4 tier cake... im making yellow blue pink b.c its a surprise what she is having. so im just throwing thing together lol
You have to read the ingredients of whats in the pampers, some babies have reactions to fragrance pampers, i no my sister had to buy diapers that were non fragrance bcuz my nephew broke out something terrible, the funny thing is, you wont no until you put it on the baby, bucz all babies are different.
That is weird because the hospital I am delivering at uses them exclusively...BUT, I don't have my baby yet but I have been asking EVERYONE who has had a baby recently and the Pampers swaddlers seem to be the favorite.

I hope you post a pic of the 'cake'!
I preferred Pampers with my son...those and Huggies Supremes (in the burgundy box, not the red and white) were my favorites. And I liked Huggies wipes the best.

Okay - I have to ask. What the heck is a diaper cake???

Tricia
I used pampers with my first (8 years ago) and I was planning on using them again.  My little one did have horrible diaper rash and I was told it was from the wipes.  I had to rinse out all the wipes before we used them.  That seemed to help.  I think these days the diapers and wipes will be a bit better.
its a bunch of diapers stacked together and u can add teether or clothes bibs soother whhat ever u prefer ..it is really nice just google diapercakes or go to diapercakewalk.com and you will see all the kinda they have,... I will post a picture up once i have made mine i will make it in like 2 weeks or soo.
a friend of mine made me a diaper cake and she used pampers swaddlers sensitive size 1 - and I am still using them and Landen is 8 weeks old (almost out of the one's she had on the cake).  SENSITIVE pampers - I don't think they have the chemical - maybe check it out.
I used pampers swaddlers and then switched to the crusiers when my daughter got bigger.  I tried the huggies, but she seemed to leak out of them.  I've heard, don't know if it's true, but huggies work better for boys and pampers work better for girls.... I wounldn't know about huggies working for boys because I haven't had one, but it's something to think about.  One reason I like the pampers is because they seem to be softer and more cloth like... Also I liked that the swaddlers had the little beads inside and even if the baby only had on pee in the diaper I could feel the beads and if they were tured to gel I would know she needed changed... I've never heard about the breaking out though...
OOOOHHHHH Swaddlers or huggies.... whichever has the little dip for the cord. go for it. I think it's a wonderful gift!