Worried mother
Last week was my expected period on the avg 38 day cycle. I got brown spotting for two days last week. (I wear a tampon pretty much around the time my period is expected) it was VERY light spotting. That Saturday I got the BFP and took another Sunday morning and got another BFP. I've been having back pain since the day of my expected period until now and have been having period like cramps. I had brown spotting again on Monday of this week and on Tuesday but it was VERY little and was even less the next day. I have read that what I am experiencing could be a sign of miscarriage but I want to make sure before giving my hopes up. I've had sore breast for a little over a week now and same with the period like cramps and back pain. Is any of this normal? I would be 5 weeks and 3 days according to a website but another website says 6 weeks so I'm not too sure.
You should go get blood work done and see how high hcg levels are and make sure they're rising. Or even go into ER and they will do a sonogram and see if baby is ok..
Does it sound like a miscarriage to you?
In my opinion, no. I had light brown spotting for three days near my expected period with this pregnancy and didn't think anything of it until weeks later when I got morning sickness and tested and got a BFP... I'm not 12w 4d with a perfectly healthy baby... Spottin in the first trimester is very common as long as its not bright red blood.. And cramping is normal too.. I've experience a miscarriage and the pain is excruciating and the blood was running down my legs profusely.
Thank you so much! That's gave me some reassurance. I think I'm just SO worried bc I know this is a critical stage and I'm barely having symptoms besides breast tenderness and back pain if that counts.
You're welcome. Miscarriage is a fear we all have, but stress makes it worse. If your bleeding gets worse and is accompanied by strong cramping, I advise going and getting medical attention. But I wish you and the baby best of luck.
i had brown spotting when i was 12 wks back in feb. and i found out that baby passed at 8 wks i had no cramping so i would call doc and get seen just to be sure everthing is okay.
Did you have any red blood