blood clot in womb
My friend has a blood clot in her womb shes about 5-6 weeks pregnant. Apparently doctors say that it could dissolve and take baby with it apparently the clot couls have also been a twin that didnt survive and also its bigger than baby has anyone else had this im so worried for her
I had a blood clot in the placenta around 8 weeks and it did dissolve. They told me that it could have been whenever the egg went over to the uterus. That I may have still had blood from my period something like that. It sounds weird I know! But everything turned out ok for me! I'm sure she we will be ok don't worry!! Hoping for the best!
Yes it is what i have. Its a subchorionic hematoma (hemmorage). Mine was found right at ten weeks when i went into ER with severe vaginal bleeding. Tell her to drink lots of water, no sex, and to take it easy esp if she starts cramping or spotting.  Mine started bleeding again yesterday and now I'm in the hospital because i lost too much blood. When they found mine it was the same size as the baby and had dislodged a small part of the placenta from the uterine wall. Now it has shrunk down to about half the size of the baby. a few things could happen with hers
1.) No symptoms and the body disolves it back into the uterus.
2.) She could have severe bleeding with clots and cramping and it either bleed out or body dissolves it.
3.) It could stay there until she gives birth (pretty rare)
^all of these with baby okay
4.) She could miscarry within first trimester
5.) She could miscarry in second trimester (also pretty rare.

Usually these things resolve between 14-22 weeks. She does have a higher chance of miscarriage but with each week that risk tends to go down. If she makes it to at least 22 weeks she is at a greater risk for placental abruption, preterm labor, etc.

Goodluck y'all, it is very scary. I feel like a ticking time bomb withwith mine. The wait and the unknown is the worst. Also she may want to see if her doc will do blood work and check for a clotting disorder, alot of women i have read talking online have had a clotting dissorder they didn't know about and were able to take baby asprin to help bleed out the clot. My doctor said they found one at 4 weeks on a woman measuring 17cm (almost the size of her uterus) and hers mostly dissolved by 25 weeks and she delivered her baby at 38 weeks. Goodluck!
I had a clot I was told to take omega 3 to help dissolve it.  its actually not that rare it happens more often then you would think. And usually the outcome is good! Try not to worry its not good for you're baby.
With my first pregnancy I had one too. Only found out cause I was In extreme psin from a cyst rupture. But it passed abou t weej later and everything was perfect. !
I'm having that with this pregnancy. They found it at 6 weeks and at like 9 it was still there. And I have had brown spotting a lot. I have had slight cramps but nothing major
Fingers crossed shes ok
Would you say bed rest is the best???
Not necessarily I'm a cna  and run my butt off everyday
I had it with my first pregnancy until i gave birth, i bled throughout the pregnancy, dr told no sex nothing sexual orgasm etc. I was put in bed rest & my daughter was born premature.
Ok hun thanks z
I was just put on bed rest when i got discharged from hospital this morning but only because i was bleeding so heavily they thought i may need a blood transfusion. Every doctor and situation is different.