mineral oil to induce labor
I've heard someone on here say they drank mineral oil to induce because it was safer than castor oil. How does that work? You just drink it plain? Do you have to drink a lot of it? And does it taste awful?
My dad said castor oil... My mother took that for me to come out... Lol
Honey I don't want to sound mean, so please don't take it that way: please just let baby come when baby is ready. I know ur tired of being pregnant but baby needs to finish 'growing' labor & delivery will be here before u know it
I agree with Omacastrop, if your baby isn't coming, that means he/she isn't ready to come. My sister drank castor oil and mineral oil, both, and went into labor that night, yes, after A LOT of bathroom trips, but her son also shot into the birth canal when he wasn't ready and almost didn't make it because the cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times, he was purple and not breathing when he came out, her OB gave her QUITE a talking to! Haha, so let him/her come when ready, and enjoy the quiet while you can! :)
I took mineral oil. I took 2 tablespoons. And I went into labor ffew hours later. I was 3 days away from my dd
I'm not too sure about the mineral oil. Never heard of it. but I have read and been told that castor oil is def a no. Apparently there is a huge risk of the baby having their first bowel movement inside of u, which as we all know is bad. So I wouldn't do it. If anything asked to have ur membranes stripped. The doc won't do it till they feel ur body is ready. I had it done while pregnant with my son and my water broke 5 hours later.
actually it's unsure rather the castor oil makes the baby poop inside you because most women don't take it until after 40 weeks and the chances increase by then anyway. The baby is ready to come unfortunately my body doesn't react properly to pregnancy and I don't dialate or efface properly and unless medically necessary they will not induce you until 39 weeks. Because my girl has been so low for so long and does seem prepared doc has already agreed on elective induction after 39 weeks. I had to be induced with my son at 39w2d because I had been in labor for so long with mo progression as far as dialation goes that I literally almost had a heart attack my son and I both almost died. I just want a more pleasant experience this time.
I'm taking Mineral Oil as I'm typing but it does not have a taste just greasy, just waiting to see what happens now. And I'm 31 weeks 2 days but my mucus plug starting coming out and never had that wit none of my pregnancy just water breaking and quick delivery.
I read drinking one quart of prune juice would put you into labor.
Eli_mommy3 are you seriously trying to induce at 31 weeks? Your baby's lungs arnt ready yet along with the weight will be extremely low. Your baby could spend many weeks in the nicu unit.
31 weeks is way to early to try and induce ! Your baby isn't done developing. Just bc your starting to lose you muscus plug doesn't mean labors near . I lost mine at 34 weeks and I'm now 38 weeks .
Hi ladies.  Let's remember that this is a support site.  Whether you agree with someone or not, we still have to remain polite.  

Because this is an old thread from 2012, we are going to close it.  Good luck to you all.  
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
KTowne commented on photo
KeeLolo commented on photo
KeeLolo, and KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy