newly pregnant!
Hello, I found out I was pregnant Feb 13 and soo excited!! My 1st appt is march 19, but I'm curious as to what they will do that day? Is every place different? I'm so curious to hear the heartbeat and make sure everything is going good, but how long before I actually get to hear it? Thanks
Everyones first doctor appointment is different. Most doctors wont even see a woman until she is 12 wks. For example mine was meeting the doctor and asked a bunch of questions. Then did a in office U/S at which I didnt get to hear the heart beat! I was 11wks at the time of visit. It wasnt until a month later that I had to have the pap done and blood work. I also still havent heard the heart beat. I will be 19wks friday and hopefully at the gender U/S this saturday I will get to hear the heart beat!  My doctor is one that if he isnt worried I shouldnt be kinda doctor. I dont mind though. Be sure to ask all your wondering questions to your doctor. For example if he doesnt do the heart beat this time...when would he.

So to answer your other question:
You can hear the heart beat as soon as 6wks.
Thank you so much, its so hard to relax not knowing everything is going good. But, I'm sure every pregnant women worries, so I'm not alone. I wish you a great pregnancy !!  
i heard my first heart beat at 7 weeks 6 days,my doc did nt do much cause i had done pap,laparascopy,hesteroscopy and d$c 2 months before conceive
At your first appt they check your weigh, pressure, take a urine sample, ask you questions draw blood and then they do an ultrasound to see if they here a heartbeat if its to early and cant hear it tell them if they can do the vaginal ultrasound that way for sure you will be able to hear the beat. CONGRATULATIONS