pineapple to help labor.
I'm ladies! I'm 39+2 days and 3.5cm and everyone said to eat pineapple! so I got some pineapple, but how much should I eat?
That is what put me into labor!! I ate a GIANT can of them, the bigger can that they had, and drank the juice, then went for a long walk, went into labor that night! So eat as much as you can! :)
How long did it take for it to kick in?
:) I got two of the big cans, and I ate half so far, lol. I absolutely hate pineapple so it's hard for me to eat it, but I want my baby here so I'm going to finish my one can and walk! Haha.
It worked for me!! Just one big can worked for me, and then drink the juice that's left (gross, I know!), and I walked like almost a mile, and labor started about 2am that night! :)
it has to be fresh pineapple not canned (the canning process destroys the chemical needed)and you would have to eat around 7 whole pineapples... its not really realistic and im sure your mouth will be raw and your guts will be hurtin!
I will keep this in mind. Lol pineapple is my #1 pregnancy craving. I wonder why it starts labor...hmmm I am 30 weeks and 4 days. Good luck miss lady....
and i think frozen is an opiton as well...
it  has bromelain which is the enzyme that can *possibly* induce labor.... which is what gets destroid in the canning process
I didn't eat fresh pineapple and it put me into labor? Mine was canned, and I ate one big can, went into labor that night, and it was not coincidence because my OB checked me earlier that day for dilation and I wasn't dilated at all, by 10am the next day I was 4cms.
My doc said either canned or fresh would work. So I'm trying the canned.
And not all of the bromelain is destroyed during the canning process, just some of it is when the pineapple is heated.
Canned worked for me jdreyn, and my cousin because she told me!! So it's worth a shot! :)
oh=) im going to try this when i am further along=)). im only 28w4d pregnant. so in like 8.5 more weeks i will try this or later like when im 38 or 39 weeks. but what is the best week to try this?? im trying for a VBA2C so im really sure if (EPO) Evening primrose oil is that safe with c-section scar.
My sister wasn't dilated and ate pineapple and started labor process that night. But hers was the fresh. I had read that it had to be fresh, it never worked for me but probably because I didn't eat alot of it
you could always google it and see if you find otherwise let me know cause im looking and cant find anything saying its not destroyed(im on page 3 of google and everywhere has said fresh)... and remember ladies walking is said to induce labour....as most of you said you did, plus labour will eventually happen, no woman is pregnant forever lol

Also i have found fresh papaya , mango, and kiwi has this enzyme as well but less than fresh pineapple... if your sick of pineapple... mix it up a bit

This is from baby center...but they all say the same thing...

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/labourandbirth/planningyourbabysbirth/natural-ways-to-bring-on-labour/eating-pineapple/
I just hope it helps. I ate almost a whole can and went walking a Lil, I'm going to finish my can and walk even more, then sex. Oh, I also ran up & down steps today. I'm going to try spicy food if this doesn't help.
LOL I eat pineapple like crazy... Did as well with my other two pregnancies. Didnt start labor for me. But I can eat a can or more a day without thinking about it.... LOL
My wife is 19 weeks pregnant and I downloaded this sight to keep informed. She loves pineapple and eats it all the time. It can't effect her being 20 wks could it?
*19 weeks
No. She will be fine!
I heard eating licorice candy and rubbing your ankles in a circular motion while you eat all those foods pineapple, spicy food and the candy and I even heard doing a few jumping jacks help too
I'm due in 5 days and have no sign of labor, I will definitely buy pineapples though
I don't know, I found it right away, yes the heating of it can cause less bromelain, but it will not destroy all of it. Also, my OB suggested canned, so I'm going by a medical professionals advice, not just google. Also, walking wasn't what put me into labor, I had been walking for weeks before that and it did nothing, evidently, I was at 0cms that morning, then after I ate canned pineapple, I went into labor, so did my cousin, so, it apparently works for some people!
at how many weeks would this actually help labor
When your body is ready to go into labor, certain things will help it along, so the end of the third trimester usually. You won't go into labor from anything, walking, sex, pineapple, anything, unless your body is ready to do so.
I asked my obgyn & she said you'd have to consume alot of it for any effect. I'm hoping it works for you. I'm only 31 weeks but ill definitely try this come closer to my due date.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineapple

Mainly from its stem, pineapple contains a proteolytic enzyme, bromelain, which breaks down protein. If having sufficient bromelain content, raw pineapple juice can thus be used as a marinade and tenderizer for meat. Pineapple enzymes can interfere with the preparation of some foods, such as jelly or other gelatin-based desserts, but would be destroyed during cooking and the canning process. The quantity of bromelain in the fruit is probably not significant, being mostly in the inedible stalk. Furthermore, an ingested enzyme like bromelain is unlikely to survive intact the proteolytic processes of digestion.
You can try nipple stimulation, long walks, bouncing on a birthing ball and most importantly, SEX