role of progesterone in low lying placenta?
im 22wks pregnant with lowlying placenta...1.3cms away from internal os. im absolutely asymptomatic i.e., free from bleeding per vagina & abdominal pain.. im on progesterone 100mg since last 16days...can anyone tel me what is the role of progesterone in lowlying placenta?? beco'z progesterone has risk of        break through bleeding & lowlyig placenta also had complication of bleeding per vagina... so kindly help me                                      
Did your doctor explain why they started you on it? There are a few things it can help do, but it's not often you hear of someone using it for a low lying placenta. Mine was also low lying (found it at my 20 week appointment - had no bleeding or problems) and wasn't put on anything. In almost all cases the placenta will move up and no longer be a concern. Is your doctor doing another ultrasound in a few weeks to check on it?
hi clysta thank you for your post..

yeah i was diagnosed at my 20thwk scan as lowlying placenta...i was told that it would migrate up as weeks progress.. i had TIFA scan at my 21st wk..and told baby is healthy..... and all my blood reports normal.. and i dont know why i was put on progesterone