Aa
A
A
Close
role of progesterone in low lying placenta?
im 22wks pregnant with lowlying placenta...1.3cms away from internal os. im absolutely asymptomatic i.e., free from bleeding per vagina & abdominal pain.. im on progesterone 100mg since last 16days...can anyone tel me what is the role of progesterone in lowlying placenta?? beco'z progesterone has risk of        break through bleeding & lowlyig placenta also had complication of bleeding per vagina... so kindly help me                                      
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1194973_tn?1385507504
Did your doctor explain why they started you on it? There are a few things it can help do, but it's not often you hear of someone using it for a low lying placenta. Mine was also low lying (found it at my 20 week appointment - had no bleeding or problems) and wasn't put on anything. In almost all cases the placenta will move up and no longer be a concern. Is your doctor doing another ultrasound in a few weeks to check on it?
Comment
Cancel
1194973_tn?1385507504
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
hi clysta thank you for your post..

yeah i was diagnosed at my 20thwk scan as lowlying placenta...i was told that it would migrate up as weeks progress.. i had TIFA scan at my 21st wk..and told baby is healthy..... and all my blood reports normal.. and i dont know why i was put on progesterone
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
role of progesterone in low lying placenta?
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005_tn?1417986816
Blank
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
3 hrs ago
1816154_tn?1433484088
Blank
hansen20 commented on renae176's status
6 hrs ago