vegan and pregnant
Hey ladies I'm six weeks pregnant and been a vegan for the past five years... will my child develop right if I'm a vegan
Develop right? I'm sure he/she will develop fine, it has more to do with.... will the baby get all of his/her nutritional needs from your diet. And..not to be flippant, but that depends on how GOOD of a vegan you are.

Do you supplement for the proteins and vitamins that you miss eating meat and animal products in other ways? If you eat a well-supplemented, healthy diet, and have no major deficiencies, chances are your baby will be just fine nutritionally.

With that said, I would go ahead and make an appointment with the OB/midwife now, discuss your diet, make sure you're getting all of your nutritional needs met, and go from there.

Congrats, and best of luck!
Hey Ladies - one thing to watch out for if you don't eat meat is to make sure you're using iodized salt - a lot of healthily vegans end up shopping at the health food store which has been really big on sea salt. If you don't get iodine from flesh, you should make sure your salt is iodized because deficiencies can sometimes cause problems with the pregnancy.