Pregnancy: Aug 2013 Babies Community
down syndrome test

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in August 2013.

down syndrome test

Did anybody not get the down syndrome test? I didn't get it!
I took it about a week and a half ago...Did your doctor talk to you about it it did you mention it
Yeh he did but I said I didn't want it cuz I feel like my baby is ok..til just make me worry more...
Originally we agreed we both wanted the test then realized it wasn't covered by my insurance so we had second thoughts but we ended up getting it and my obgyn actually paid for the test...My doctor is awesome. I'm glad we took it because it's one less thing I can be worried about...I don't think it's too late to get it...it's give you a peace of mind getting it
I didn't with 3 of my kids, it wouldn't change anything, I was still going to have my baby.  I would just worry the rest of my pregnancy anyway.  I did however do the test.this time only to see baby.more.on ultrasound.  I wouldn't have done it otherwise
I got the test done but only because say hypothetically speaking my baby were to have downsyndrome that's something to prepare for managing taking care of a child requires more work and care then one without, my test came back with no chances at all of my child having it but i was just being cautious, so I knew what was ahead of me or the chances . I'm sure you are fine tho
I didn't get the amnio done either. My chances of having a baby with down syndrome were 1/10,000 and for trisomy 18 1/100,000. Dr and genetics counslor said it was totally up to me and my hubby to do it. In the end they just told me I would be having a couple more ultrasounds to monitor baby and see his development. But I felt like I was being pushed to do it. As I was leaving the MA said I need you to sign by the X and it was to take the test. I stepped my foot down and said I'm declining I'm signing the box below. She gave me a weird look.
I didn't get it done either. I'm very low risk and we just didn't see the point. My doctor is very cool.
Yeh I didn't see the point because we don't have it on either sides of the family and every time I habe went they tell me everything looks good and the bby is very active! I trust god knowin everything os ok with mine :)