Constipated, Hemorrhoids. Castor oil?
I'm 38.5 weeks and I have been soooo constipated the last couple weeks and the result so far has been a small hemorrhoid. I want to take castor oil for two reasons. 1. TO POOP! And 2. Maybe chance that it could speed up labor. I am dilated to 2 1/2 and 80% effaced. What are peoples stories with castor oil, did it work with inducing labor? And will it be okay to have diarrhea with a hemorrhoid? Will it make it worse, or feel better??
You should check in with your doc or even a pharmacist to discuss bowel stuff.  I don't like coffee but I do have a cup with cream every second or third day for bowel care and it works for me.  In my personal opinion, caster oil should not be an option.  Kind of scarey to use.  I have a friend who tried to induce herself with it...yes...it worked for her however, she had alot of diarrhea during the birth plus babe pooped ALOT inside ended up with aspiration pneumonia (i think that's what it was called) and was in nicu for well over a week for sure.  He was one sick little boy.  I know this is only one story but just hang in there.  Won't be long now!  
Okay, thanks for the advice :)
Stay away from castor oil. Ask a doc for something safe. Castor oil can induce labour but very dangerously. Some babies have even.died as a result . Hope you get some relief soon