Pregnancy: Dec 2013 Babies Community
worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in December 2013.

worried

Hi, im 7.5 weeks. Pregnant , and i haven't go to the doctor, im taking the folic acid but i juat eat like 2 times a. Day, im never hungry i just eat cause i know my baby needs it
i'll be 7 weeks tomorrow & my first appt. is next monday. you should deff call & make an appt soon, prenatal care is very important! i'm never very hungry either but i force myself to eat! you might not be feeling hungry but that little baby is :) so deff try to eat more smaller meals throughout the day. hope that helps!
The baby requires very minimal sustinance at this point in your pregnancy.  Honestly, the baby "eats first" of that makes sense, so if you don't eat enough, it will likely be you and not the baby that suffers.  That being said, I have always felt that the best mother is a healthy mother that feels good.  If you are eating less, just make sure that what you are eating is very healthy things.  I wouldn't worry about that too much because a lot of mothers have morning sickness and simply spend weeks 8-12 puking and not being able to keep much down.  Try to stay hydrated.  If your pregnancy is progressing normally and you feel ok, it is perfectly acceptible to wait until 12 weeks before your first appoitnment. Just do what you are comfortable with.  

As far as folic acid, that is sort of a contentious issue recently, and the question of whether the suppliment you are taking is even bioavailable enough to make a difference.  If you like them, kiwi fruit (with the skin) is an excellent source of folate and excellent for your slowing digestive system.  Try to get your folate from foods, rather than pills.  It's much easier for your body to use it.

Take care!