Pregnancy: Feb 2011 Babies Community
Has anyone felt any fetal movement yet???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in February 2011.

Hi ladies,
I'm just wondering if anyone has felt and movement yet? I thought I did, then wasn't sure but I know it's REALLY early (I'm 14 1/2 wks).  My midwife asked yesterday if I had and I hadn't but then today while I was lying down, I thought I felt a flutter.  This is my 4th pregnancy and I have 2 boys but I didn't feel movement until 17 wks. Just wondering if anyone else has felt anything...Thanks!
I haven't I'm 15 weeks
Hi I thought I did lastnight. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow this is my 2nd pregnancy but 1st one this far. I know its early but I laid very still and felt a movement accross my lower abdomen. I have read its not too early but most people don't know what it feels like. I'm just hoping it was the baby. it could be gas but I know the movements get stronger and can be felt more in just a few weeks :)
Hey ive felt my baby move im almost 15 weeks, i feel him/her move a couple of times during the day, so ya i would say you could possibly feel baby move, I don't believe doctor's when they say its gas, considerin sometimes i feel it in da middle an sometimes 2 the sides, it just feels different, and for mothers who have already had there first's it been said they can feel there baby move at as early at 16 weeks but i recon you can feelin them earlier. i dont know i hope this helps
I am 16 weeks with twins and I havent felt anything yet. I'm starting to have some serious ligamant stretching right now and dont think I would feel it anyways. I have heard though that if this isnt your first child then you will feel movement earlier.
i am almost 15 weeks and i have felt movement.
I swear my baby is doing sommersaults inside me!!  But to lay flat and see movement ... NOTHING!  I have a 4 year old and can't wait for the baby to start moving so he can see!
I haven't felt anything yet but keep waiting. I definitely have the ligament stretching going on though. Had to lie down this morning for a few minutes to wait for it pass so I could get ready for school. Catches my breath when it first starts. OUCH! But it's just another reminder of the amazing gift God has given my husband and me.
I am 13 weeks and I went to the dr. last week and told him I thought I really felt something.  He said it is very possible ( I only have a half of a uterus) and I told him exactly where I was feeling it and it was right where the hb was.  Since then I am now 13 weeks 3 days and I am sure I feel movement.  I thought I was crazy but my dr. did say he wasn't suprised :)  
For those w ligament pain oh man I feel your pain what helped me a LOT was sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs if I don't than I get crazy ligament pain but w pillow I feel good :)
Every time I get the chance, I lie very still in hopes of feeling something but I got nada so far. I'm 15 weeks today, so something should be starting soon.
I'm 17 wks and I first felt movement at 16 wks.  Plus I started having Braxton-Hicks contractions which didn't start til about 20 wks last time.  
I have been feeling movement for a couple weeks now but that may be because I have been on lots of bedrest cause of my back.... I don't feel it everyday yet tho....
I'm now sure it's the baby moving because I had an u/s and felt the kick as the tech said, there's a big movement..  I've just had a terrible weekend because I started bleeding and I have been diagnosed by U/S that I have a subchorionic hemorrhage.  I'm so scared that Im going to miscarry again.  I was just starting to feel like this pregnancy was going to be normal and then, wham, blood.  Has anyone had this or heard of SCH? I'm on bedrest and have another u/s next tues (sept 7th) to see how baby is and if the hemorrhage is getting smaller. I'm praying and hoping that everything will be ok.
Majikat what back problem do you have?  I have a spinal fracture at T12 L2 and a pelvic fracture as well as ankylosing spondylitis
Wow I don't have any fractures that I know of but I totally threw my back out when I was 12 weeks and wasn't able to walk for a week.... Wow the pain was so bad :( I went to the hospital the dr never even looked at my back or checked the baby and gave me t3s and told me to scram.... I have been wearing a support belt daily and it seems to ease the pain a bit..... I just want to be able to take care of my kids but I seem to need so much help cause of the pain (my youngest has autism so he needs lots of attention) I couldn't imagine what your going threw with the fractures you must be in so much pain!!! How are you managing the pain?
I take vicodein up to three times a day for pain and rest lots. I work but only part time any more work and I would be screaming with pain. Luckily no children to take care of. I see a specialist for my spine who works with pregnant women w spinal problems in Chicago. It's a long drive but totally worth it. I was in a horseback riding accident March 2nd of this year when I broke my spine and pelvis. I also take warm baths with Epsom salts. You can try a chiropractor too, I LOVE my chiro it's great pain relief drug free :). I tried physical therapy but it made it worse for me. But there are physical therapists who specialize in pregnant w pain. I don't know where you live but if you are in the Chicago area I can give you the name and numbers of all sorts of back drs :)  my biggest fear is when I get a huge belly which makes my back super angry. I have a feeling bedrest is in my future. Maybe we will both be and keep the sanity with chatting on here all day lol. If you want name and numbers of back drs just private message me :)

I hope you back is feeling better!!
Almost 16 weeks swear I've felt baby now :) feels like my belly is a fish tank and their is a school of fish swimming around in there. Super cool!!
I will have to try a chiro sometime but unfortunately I am nowhere near Chicago I am in Ontario.... Fish tank is an awesome way to describe it lol... What day is your due date? Mine is feb 11.... I'm worried about my back getting worse while i get bigger cause our bodies are not getting time to heel o well we will get through it although your situation is a lot worse than mine I hope it gets better soon
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. I have not heard of SCH before. Are the doctors concerned? If not, than I wouldnt stress yourself out too much. But I know that is easier said than done. I am hoping that you get good news at your appt that everything is okay. Please keep us updated.