Pregnancy: Jan 2009 Babies Community
light spotting and dull ache on lower left side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2009.

im not due till late january. Anyone else experience this early on?
I had aching on my right side all day yesterday.  I am due Feb. 3.  My mom said it was from doing too much.  Unsure though????
I had my u/s this morning and she pointed out the cyst on my right ovary. She said that it can cause some pain and discomfort (sometimes like a menstrual cramp and sometimes worse) but that cyst is what is giving my body the hormones it needs to sustain pregnancy. So, it is perfectly normal. As for the spotting. It is normal to spot a bit, but it really shouldn't be enough to cover a panty liner or a pad. If it is call your OB right away.
I have some mild cramping on and off, much like AF. I also have a fairly consistent ache on my right ovary, which I am nearly positive is my corpus luteum.  I had brown spotting for about a week which was from my cervix, so no harm. Even so, we were told no sex unti trimester #2, poor DH : )
Yes it could very well be a cyst which would cause pain and spotting.   Also it is normal to have some dull aches and pains in early pregnancy.  Try not to worry to much and if it gets worse put in a call to the OB.  
my daughter was experiancing the same symptoms that you are.  She is now about 8 weeks pregnant.  She had an ultrasound done to rule out an ectopic pregnancy & was told that her pain is caused by the stretching of the ligaments as the uterus grows & also a cyst that they found on her right ovary.  I wouldn't panic unless the pain were to get severe enough to the point where you are in tears or that it lasts for days at a time.  That is what we were told by her Obgyn.  Good luck!