Pregnancy: Jan 2012 Babies Community
scared to sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in January 2012.

scared to sleep

I gave birth on monday to my forth baby,i suffer from anxiety and it got worse when i became pregnant,since i got home from hospital ive become terrified that im ill or that something will happen to me,im exausted but im scared to go to sleep incase i dont wake up,ive got wierd tingly sensations on the left side of my head,ive had them before but im scared incase its something serious,im so frightend of every little ache or pain and i always think the worst,i need some help,i dont want it to affect my relationship with my newborn,anyone help plz
Hi love.  I feel for you because I understand.  I suffer from anxiety and bipolar.  It can get bad and the lack of sleep is probably a lot to do with it.  I know my bambino is now 3 weeks and im just now getting use to sleep depravation again.  I worry a lot about everything and im quite stressed myself at the moment.  I also have 2 other kids, 3 total and you would think my anxiety would be more in check, but it's not.  So don't feel bad.  I think if your like me sleep is really going help more then you think.  Could you get someone to take a feeding so you can get some rest?  I have had tingling senations in my hands, cramps in pelvis that have me paranoid cause in had sex before 6 weeks (stupid me), lol, headaches.  I always feel better after sleep...it's talking myself into sleep though cause I also obcess about baby and how things are done with her....but I have to keep myself in check.  I'm not on meds and it's a lot of work to talk myself sane.  I hope now I'm helping and not mumbling, lol.  I'm tired too!  But your not the only one.  Try sleep ;)
(((hugs)))  I struggle with anxiety and definitely had a lot of additional anxiety after my son was born.  Quite honestly, I eventually started taking medication and kicked myself for not starting it sooner once I was feeling better - I could have been feeling better all that time!  My relationship with my son didn't suffer, but I just wish I had fewer anxious memories of that special time in my life.  Anyway, all that to say I would talk to your doctor.  What you're experiencing is very normal, and even if you're averse to medication your doctor might have some other suggestions or resources that could help you.  You don't have to stay stuck in this anxious state - even though it often feels like you will be when you're in the middle of an anxiety loop!  Hang in there!