Pregnancy: July 2009 Babies Community
Anyone TTC or considering it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2009.

Anyone TTC or considering it?

Just wanted to know if anyone is trying to concieve (conceive) again or when you are considering starting to. Is anyone having any problems?

I put on too much weight when having Lilly and although i have lost 44lbs, i still want to lose half that again before TTC. I have come to halt and cant seem to kick start my weigh loss again. It's frustrating because i want to start ttc now but need to be a healthy weight before trying due to health problems in my first pregnancy :(
I am not actively trying to conceive right now but we aren't actually preventing it other then maybe the withdrawal method which I know isn't the best birth control but I hate taking birth control and dh hates condoms. We plan on actively trying to conceive again when JT turns 2 years old. I would love to have another now but running after him now is all I could probably take, lol. I also would like to lose all the baby weight plus some by the time I try for another one and that seems to not make sense to a lot of people I tell that to because they are like "why would you want to ruin your body right after you get it back" well I want to start fresh. I don't want to keep packing on the weight with each baby, lol.
tiger63- we would lvoe to have more children but won't be able to due to age and infertility problems. Our son James was our success after 5 years of 3 in vitro treatments and several inseminations. So we feel quite bless at our age,  40 and DH 50.
Is nice to hear you guys can and will keep trying, conception and fertility are such a beautiful gift.
We are not actively trying but plan on trying for #3 in about a year.
Tasia - funny i often have people say the same thing about my weight. I had problems with high blood pressure and by the end of the pregnancy i could barely move. i was just way to heavy! I can't imagine having another baby being this big still! I want to be even more healthy for the next!

eternidad200 - I'm very glad that after such a stressful wait you were finally blessed with James. I'm sorry time is not on your side to have more. James is very lucky that he has parents that will adore and cherish every moment you have with him.

Sasha80 - how far apart are your other children?  
At the moment no but if an accident happens, then we won't be too sad.
Hey tiger Dh and I threw the idea around but we mutually decided w all the complications w all the m/cs we have had the hard pg w Jeremy and him being sick when he was born we opted not to and dh got a vasectomy in march! We didnt' want to temp fate we started w a boy and ended w a boy and have our 2 girls in the middle! WE are doubly lucky! It's a very strange feeling that my childbearing years are over. Bittersweet. Best wishes to you and the rest of the ladies on here.