Pregnancy: July 2009 Babies Community
Can you breathe?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2009.

Can you breathe?

Hi ladies!  I hope everyone is doing well - some of you are dialating and some are having lots of different issues, and i pray that everything works out safely, and healthy and happy for our babes and thier mommas!  One issue I've been having the past two days is breathing!!  It seems like I am short of breath alot lately!  Especially after I eat (tummy taking up all the room I guess) or walk a long distance.  Are any of you having breathing issues??
Tags: breathing
Yes.. I'm having the same issue it's terrible, I was having trouble breathing last night and it really freaked me out to where I thought my goodness I may have to go and checked out, but I tried to keep calm and relax that I knew it was normal to have breathing issues at this point this far along. But yes I understand how you feel, just try and take really deep breaths and relax. After I eat I find it more difficult to that's when mine started last night after I ate I was laying back in the recliner and I couldn't hardly catch my breath. It was terrible. I"m glad there is someone else in the same boat as me because I was beginnging to wonder. Hope things get better for you!! How far do you have? I've got 38 more days and I'm so counting down.
I have the same issue, I find it really hard to breathe which causes cramps for me when I walk. I have even noticed when I'm not even doing anything but talking I can get out of breath so I guess it is normal.
Me too! It scares me half to death! Plus I am on ther phone a lot at work and people ask me why I am breathing so hard, lol. I guess I didn't know it was that loud. I really, really struggle. Like tasia said, even when I am not doing anything I am out of breath. I hate it.
I have about 20 more days and I am definitely counting down!  I can't sleep really well and I'm just kinda miserable most of the time (although today has been a pretty good day, thankfully).  The shortness of breath thing is driving me crazy though!  Ugh!  Like Tasia - it happens when I'm talking at work as well, so annoying!
Me too!  Walking makes it worse (and eating too), but I am getting out of breath when carrying on conversations as well!  Its SO annoying!  I hear that this gets better when baby drops, but I think mine has already dropped (not sure though) so I may be stuck with it until the end....which by the way seems sooooo far away right now :-)
I am in the same boat girl!  I work in an environment where I talk with people via phone and in person, and so I feel like a big fat hassling cow!  I know people are like - what is wrong with her, bc I will be sitting and talking and breathing like I;m running a marathon :-)  I hate that you and the other girls are going through this, but glad I"m not alone - it was kinda starting to concern me today.  It started doing it after I walked or ate a meal and got a full tummy and so I didn't worry so much bc I had something to blame it on, but when it started happening while I'm seated and just talking it started to concern me.  Guess its just another "fun" pregnancy symptom!