Pregnancy: July 2009 Babies Community
Hair loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2009.

Hair loss

Hi girls, since I gave birth my hair is falling out a lot, to the point I could not stand it bc it used to be on James hands, or clothes a lot, so I am kind of upset bc is still falling off, anyone else is having hair loss problems.
I heard that it can happen after pregnancy....I think hormone related.

okay...found a website for you to look at.  Gives you info on hair loss following pregnancy.

http://www.ezhaircare.com/hair-loss-after-pregnancy.html
I am going through the exact same thing right now!! It is so annoying, but it will pass.  I experienced hair falling out with my 1st baby around 3-4 months also.  I don't remember how long it lasted but it definitely stops.  At around 12 or so weeks postpartum your hormones start to change, which causes the hair follicles to loosen and release more hair than usual.  It's just one of those annoying things we have to deal with but its totally normal and you won't loose all your hair! :) Im just going to try and keep my hair pulled back so that I don't keep finding hairs all over the place!
You are not the only one! ...I'm loosing hair like mad...it's everywhere, i vaccumed our steps going upstairs and it was full of my Hair, not the cats hair but my hair...and my DH is complaining that he finds my hair in his lunches....of course i don't do it on purpose but it was never a problem before...it kind of *****!
er...S.u.cks
Wow, same here! I can't believe I am not bald! I think on the left temple area, it looks like I am balding! I can not stand it either. I was just so upset about this a week ago or so....I was told it was normal and should stop around 6 months after delivery. My baby is 4 months, so geez, I hope this is true! I don't think I can afford to lose any more of my hair!
Me too!!!  I have always shed alot bc I have a ton of really thick hair, but now it is terrible!  It is constantly on Cash's clothes and hands and I am always having to pick it off of him!  It drives me nuts bc I'm afraid he'll swallow it and choke or get it twisted around his little fingers or toes.  Not to mention the fact that I may cause a serious drain clog! LOL!  I hope it eases up around 6 months - if not sooner!
it is driving me nuts!!! I can literally pull out a handful of hair each time I put my hand through my hair.  I have a 3 year old and I do remember losing hair but I don't really remember it being this bad or annoying.  Good to know that it should stop by 6 months.  IF I have any hair left by 6 months!!
omg i thought i was the only onw i was so scared i even went to the dr bc mine is coming out in clups and its all over everytjing.
Mine is everywhere!!!! I want to cry really because my hair grew so beautifully during the pregnancy. I'm going to get mine cut short so that it grows back better. And yes it is awful to see my girl with hair in between her fingers and on her face (although she loves my hair).
Im constantly pulling hair out of Lochlyn's hands. It's so disgusting!!!
same thing here! I guess we're all in the same boat! My hair ends up everywhere in my bed, in baby's mouth, on his binky... it's crazy
haha mine too.... i just chopped it all real short cuz im sooooo sick of seeing long peices of hair everywhere