Pregnancy: July 2011 Babies Community
Antidepressants,Zanex, smoking before I knew
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2011.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Antidepressants,Zanex, smoking before I knew

I have been on Tofronil aka Imipramine 150 mg (level d) for a decade, Zanex 3mg's a day (since my uncle committed suicide about two and a half months ago), birth control & smoking like a chimney. I just found out Im two months pregnant! I stopped the tofronil as soon as I found I was pregnant from home test. The Dr (OBGYN) put me on 50 mg zoloft (which is approved but not helping) and I quit smoking. However Im embarrassed to say Ive been so depressed and stressed since finding out  I smoked a few cigarettes but have swore not to again. I'm guessing all of this may cause me to miscarry and to be honest Im so scared I will not miscarry and the baby will be really messed up and suffer from me using these things. I know a girl who smoked, drank & took drugs all through her two pregnancies & both her children now 7 & 9 are fine. Im just looking for hope. I know God can perform miracles and either way he will carry us through this. I know some women have to stay on Tofronil their entire pregnancy, but I just can not do it seeing how bad it is for the baby. Has anyone done these things and their babies been ok? What about taking level D antidepressants. My psychiatrist thinks I need to get back on the tofronil knowing the effects of it due to my mental health.