Aa
A
A
Close
Antidepressants,Zanex, smoking before I knew

I have been on Tofronil aka Imipramine 150 mg (level d) for a decade, Zanex 3mg's a day (since my uncle committed suicide about two and a half months ago), birth control & smoking like a chimney. I just found out Im two months pregnant! I stopped the tofronil as soon as I found I was pregnant from home test. The Dr (OBGYN) put me on 50 mg zoloft (which is approved but not helping) and I quit smoking. However Im embarrassed to say Ive been so depressed and stressed since finding out  I smoked a few cigarettes but have swore not to again. I'm guessing all of this may cause me to miscarry and to be honest Im so scared I will not miscarry and the baby will be really messed up and suffer from me using these things. I know a girl who smoked, drank & took drugs all through her two pregnancies & both her children now 7 & 9 are fine. Im just looking for hope. I know God can perform miracles and either way he will carry us through this. I know some women have to stay on Tofronil their entire pregnancy, but I just can not do it seeing how bad it is for the baby. Has anyone done these things and their babies been ok? What about taking level D antidepressants. My psychiatrist thinks I need to get back on the tofronil knowing the effects of it due to my mental health.
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Not that I got any response from this board. Im glad I posted somewhere else too, but to be clear I stopped the Xanax  too everything after my home pg test
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: July 2011 Babies Community Resources