Pregnancy: July 2012 Babies Community
acid reflux??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2012.

acid reflux??

Anyone have their babies diagnosed with this before?? Adalynn throws up right after eating. I sit her up to burp and before I can pat her back she is throwing up...Then when she burps throws up a bunch too... I have a dr appt for her Tuesday for weight check cuz she was 7.11 at birth and 7.12 at 4 weeks.... Seems like she should have grown more. even tho she dropped to 6.15 by the time she was 6 days old. Just curious if anyone else's baby is having issues like this.  
Both my daughters spit up all the time, but never showed any major signs of discomfort and seem to be pretty happy... Danielle is really bad if i put her in her car seat right after eating... it just pours out of her mouth but car seats add pressure to their little tummys and i also pay for it when we get home from long trips as she gets pretty grumpy from what i assume is gas pains...
i know its normal for milk to come up when they burp- it comes up with the air but i really dont know where the line gets drawn between whats normal for a little one VS acid reflux? best bet is to talk to the Dr... but on that note i think it also depends on the Dr as well so if your really concerned about it and the Dr isnt it doesnt hurt to get a second opinion

As far as your little ones weight goes, im pretty interested in how much she will weigh at this next appointment... that does sound like she should weigh more but she is still young... i guess if there isnt any change at this next appointment then for sure they will have to see whats going on but hopefully she will have a nice little jump by tuesday :)
My daughter is slowly going down for percentiles... she was 7-15 at birth, 9-2 at 1 month and 10-13 at 2 months and has went from the 50-75% then to the 25-50% and now she is in the 10-25% but she is sure getting chubby so ill see what the health nurse has to say next week at her 2 month immunizations... and i have to add that this is just by weight, not height weight ratio
Ya she was 50% on her height at her 1 month appt. I went to the wic office today to have her weighed. they said she is at 8lbs 4oz now. But I am still only going to go by what dr office says. I dont like getting different weights from lots of different places. But her weight at her 1 month appt she was in the 10%. Today they said she is 3% for height and weight ratio.. I guess she is just a bean pole lol... :)
Did u ever get this figured out? Was she spitting up or actually throwing up? Was it projectiled? My son would projectile throw up after every time he ate and the doc said he has pyloric stentosis(sp?) and only surgery can fix it. Its a very simple surgery though and only takes about 15 minutes. If she is only spitting up then its probably acid reflux which my son also has. He is now 3 1/2 months :)
No it was never projectile throwing up. Dr put her on axid.. Its a medicine to help with the acid reflux. He said its very common in baby's for their sphincter muscle to not be developed when born and that is why they throw up a lot. So she is on meds and it helps. Its a pain to give them to her 2 times a day but it does help.