Pregnancy: July 2013 Babies Community
Headaches??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2013.

Headaches??

Anyone else getting really bad headaches? Mine start every evening and no matter what i do or take they only get worse as the night goes on. Then when i wake up in the morning its gone and doesn't come back until the evening. Is this normal or should i be concerned?
It's normal, for a while I was having nonstop headaches they would last 2-3 days straight without stopping :( it was horrible and tylenol was doing nothing for me I even tried hot/cold compresses. Mine passed after a couple weeks but you can always talk to you're doctor about it. I don't think they'll do much unless they get very severe but you can always try homeopathic methods. I wouldn't be too concerned about it, it ***** though. Good luck!
What are some safe homeopathic methods? I've heard peppermint oil on the skin is supposed to help but I've also heard its not good for the baby. And I've also done the Tylenol and hot/cold compresses
I've used peppermint oil on my face&head this pregnancy. My dad is an acupuncturist and herbologist and recommended I use it. It did help, acupuncture and massages also helped a lot. Specific massage points are around the temples, the highest part of the nose between the eyes, and behind the head on the upper neck where the head begins. Also all over scalp massage. I know there where some supplements and foods that help but I forgot what they where, I have to check with my dad but the acupuncture&massages where the main things that got me through. Of course I still tried the tylenol, hot/cold compresses and warm baths. Oh, and I tried not to stress! It was horrible but very normal and they will pass :)
Thanks for everything! I'll start using the peppermint oil again. It helped a lot pre-pregnancy
No problem, i'm sure it'll help and get better with time :)
Am having bad headaches too, like migrane (migraine), epsecially during morning, and some times at night. They are horrible. Doc says take tylenol. And I don't want to.