nervous about spina bifida
Hi..my name is Hannah and I'm really nervous.my first trimester screen came back abnormal and the doctors thought for sure my baby had some sort or trisomy so I got a CVS test. That test came back completely normal which was extremely reassuring. But my second screen put me in the green aka an increased risk of the baby having a 1/1500 chance of having spina bifida. Is this a huge risk? Has anyone else had this number and things been fine? My doctor told me not to worry and the number wasn't great enough to cause concern but I've already been thru so much agony and stress with this baby so far I'm just scared and pray to god everything is going to be ok. I'm just nervous and worried. Thanks.
this risk is not very high and nothing to worry about. I know how worried you must be since have had abnormal results on my amnio. they are still testing the cells and we winter know for another 4 weeks whether the baby has an awful syndrome called TAR. your CVS test was normal so your baby will be fine :)
I know the CVS test was fine but that test doesn't say anything about spina bifida. I know amnio would be able to tell for sure...but like u said the risk isn't very high so I really hope everything's ok. What is tar? I've never heard of that! I pray for ur little one and wish u the best. Thanks for calming me down a bit