Pregnancy: July 2013 Babies Community
prenatal vitamins? please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2013.

prenatal vitamins? please help

I'm 16 weeks and haven't taken any prenatals since about 5-6 weeks because i couldn't keep them down. They made me extremely nauseous so my doctor told me to stop taking them till i could hold them down. I triedant two weeks ago and threw it up. What should i do? i eat very well, lots of vitamins enriched foods. Is my baby at risk? Do you take any prenatals that you can recommend? Please help ):
What you could do is try and take a Flintstone gummy vitamin. A couple of my friends were told by there Dr to take them. So you could try that. I know they also make a prenatal gummie also, you could try that also
Ok, thank you. I'll give the gummies a try
Eating vitamin rich foods is great but focus on folic acid as these help neural brain and spine development. A lot of women don't take anything so I wouldn't stress too much x
Sorry - just saw the first bit that said you were 16 weeks. After 12 weeks the spine has formed as much as its going to. Eat healthy and that'll be all you need now. The vitamins and folic don't need to be taken after 12 weeks. I'm sure all is fine x
They have prenatal gummies at kroger.
I take my prenatal at night. I had the same problem but since I switched to nighttime its been a lot easier.