Pregnancy: July 2013 Babies Community
when and how to tell family

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in July 2013.

when and how to tell family

Hi all.

So I'm due july 10 currently 7w5d
And I'm struggling to keep from telling everyone, my partner and i have decided not to tell everyone till after the first trimester just in case as i had a previous miscarriage at 10w.
Just wanting to get your thoughts and opinions I'm when and how to tell family... Especially my mother she is very against us having kids....
I agree its best to wait for the start of the 2nd trimester for the exact reason you had. It saves the heartache and looks if its not meant to be. I'm 9 weeks today and really struggling not to say anything!! I'm telling family face to face.. It sounds like it'll be tough with your mum which is a shame and takes some of the fun away. In my first pregnancy I waited until I was 12 weeks before telling anyone (wanted to make sure all was OK at first scan) and my mums response... What gives you the right to wait until now to tell me...?! Gotta love mums!! :D don't forget for every grumpy person out there you know a dozen people who will be thrilled at your news x
I went ahead and told the friends and family that I'd look to for support if something went wrong, but stopped there and will wait to tell.others after the new year.

We told by surprising them in a picture, which was fun, and if anyone had any misgivings, they didn't ruin the picture by saying anything. Good luck with your mom!
Thanks great suggestions :)
Thanks great suggestions :)
I had to tell friends, family and co-workers. The constant throwing up was starting to raise questions
I am due July 10 as well!!  My hubby and I are planning to tell family at Xmas even tho we will only be 11.5 weeks along.
I'd say tell ur family now. I told my mum the night I found out I was pregnant. N as far as the miscarriage goes, I would still tell asap. Wouldn't u want the support from ur family or would you wanna go through that hardship alone? I'm a big family oriented person, I'd tell asap :)