Micah is here! Only 1 week past due!
On June 18th I had an unassisted water birth. My husband and daughter ran their fingers through my hair during contractions and my best friend, who is also my certified lactation counselor took pictures and coached me through.
My husband, daughter, mom, dad, mother-in-law, step father-in-law, my sister, her boyfriend, Jessica (clc), and 2 nurses by the names of Jesse and Sharron were present. The water was soothing and the pool gave me plenty of room for many positions. I could turn and stretch without having to reposition myself (which any PG woman knows can be difficult w/ all the extra weight).

My son only weighed 7.9, which is considerably small compared to my daughter, who weighed 9.1 at birth. He and my daughter were 21 inches when they were born.
10:01am I felt my son position himself and felt extreme pressure. I said “here he comes”, my mom broke out her video camera and at 10:04am my son was born. While pushing I yelled “It burns! Get him out! Get him out!” and before I could say anything else he was out, unassisted and naturally. I turned, picked him up slowly from the water and brought him to the surface for air on my chest, let him search for my breast, and breastfed for an hour before the cord stopped pulsating and was cut by my husband.

I went into the shower to clean up, when I stepped out Jessica helped me dress. My mom stepped into the bathroom and asked if she could talk to me for a minute. Jessica stepped out and my mom told me that my “pawpaw” (the only man in my life growing up, my grandfather) passed away only hours before Micah’s arrival. I was devastated until I talked to my grandma whose words will stay with me forever. She said “Pawpaw was hanging on to go up so that he could meet Micah on his way down”
Beautiful story and a beautiful baby!  Your grandmother's words made me tear up - that was so touching!  I'm so glad your little man is here and that you had a wonderful birthing experience with him.
Thank you Angela. :)
Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy. So sorry to hear about your loss and what your grandmother said was very beautiful and sweet.
Thank you sister. He was a lot smaller! But I don't have any stitches this time. :) I feel great. I am actually sitting at work right now. (time to pump) lol
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
krichar commented on KTowne's status
Nov 21
krichar commented on photo
Nov 21
mandaszoo commented on photo
Nov 15