Prostate Cancer Community
Freequent/Excessive Masturbation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Freequent/Excessive Masturbation

Hey, I am very concerned about my health habits. I've been masturbating since an early age about 12-13 and I am almost turning 17 years old in a few weeks. I normally do it about 4 times a day and maybe even up to 6 times. I recall that I did it probably at least once a day when I was younger, if not more. I am very scared that it will lead me to health issues later on in life. I began a relationship with a girl about 9 months ago. And probably started having sexual intercourse about 7 months ago. We probably do it at least twice if not more a week. We even have gone through a 2 week period in which we had sex daily. She is now on vacation and I realized that I masturbate even more. Maybe 5 times a day? For the past 8 months, I would say that I tell her to help me masturbate and sometimes she masturbates me 2-4 times a day. I researched and found out that masturbation does help reduce prostate cancer chances, but there is an article that is the msot recent one than those other ones. http://www.livescience.com/health/090126-masturbation-prostate.html

That article states that early masturbation in young age men can lead to prostate cancer later on in life. I am very concerned about it. I've been doing it at least 4 times a day for the past two weeks but I'm trying to cut down. I also have an issue of having to urinate a lot after I drink water. It feels like the water goes through my system pretty quick and needs to come out. I'm not sure if frequent masturbation is a cause of my urination/bladder issue. I tried not masturbating for 3 days lately and I couldn't help but masturbate. Once I put my hands on my penis for about 15 seconds of stroking, I already ejaculated. The semen was clearish in the beginning and the end of my ejaculation was more thickened and white. I felt a burning sensation as I urinate before but it probably happened less than 5 times so far in my whole life. I know that, that is a symptom of Prostate Cancer.

Another issue is the fact that my penis becomes errected quite easily. When I see a hot girl or something or when my girlfriend dirty talks me, I immediately get a boner. Is there something I can do like a home remedy or something I can do that will lower my hormones that causes me to become errected that easily? I'm wondering if you can tell me if I will or might have health issues later on and tips on how to stop masturbating as much. I would also like to know how often should a teen of my age, 17, masturbate a week. Should I masturbate once a week, twice a week, etc. How often should I also have sexual intercourse a week? Please give me some advice, I really need to change my habit.
Just do "it" until you need glasses....not until you go blind! Your on the wrong forum I think and consider  getting a job, you won't have the time or energy to overdo things. Your a normal male and it's scary. LOL
Greetings Friend:  First off-relax.  Masturbation is a pleasuring, relaxing, and wonderful act.  You are at the peak of hormone delivery; difficulty controlling when you have an erection is normal for guys your age, wanting to frequently masturbate is normal.  If you have questions about your urinary health, consult a compassionate urologist; talk to him about the burning while you urinate.  I would also consult your doctor; the frequent drinking and the frequent urination can be signs of diabetes.  I would get that checkout right away.  As a psychotherapist, I wonder if you have any stresses or anxieties.  Sometimes people use masturbation or sexual activity as a way to deal with stresses and anxieties; other than you concern aboutfrequent masturbation, are there other stresses and anxieties you need to deal with?  Do you have other physical activities in your life; sports, working-out, lifting?  Physical activity is another way to deal with sexual energy.
If after consulting your doctor, you still feel anxious and concerned about your frequent masturbation, a counselor or psychotherapy might be very helpful. On another note, as a 55 year-old male, I wish I had 1/2 of your sexual energy. Sex can be wonderful.  Get help with your health issues and/or anxieties and you may have a better feeling about sex and your sexuality.  Peace