Prostate Cancer Community
PSA 4,82
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PSA 4,82

Dear doctor, my husband is 45, and today doing some blood test and one is  test for prostate Tumor with result of PSA 4,82...
He has no symptoms for this, but its been 3 months ,sometimes he cannot hold his erection long enough while having sex. His blood pressure is aboout 135/90 and taking med only when it is high.The rest of the test is good, only little high with HDL-LDL.
What should we do with this PSA result, is it something we should worry?
Thanks for your kind attention
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

It is best to discuss the findings with a doctor. Men over 50 who would choose to have prostate cancer screening would generally be advised to get a biopsy if the PSA is above 4. IF your husband is only 45, and if he may have some symptoms of prostate infection, treatment with antibiotics may be advised, upon completion the PSA would be reviewed if the value drops. Stay positive.
Blank
Thanks for your advice, I will consult with doctor asap
Blank
as a urologist, i would recommand a digital rectal exam by an experoenced doctor and a TRUS to assess the prostate for small, clinically impalpable lesions.
Blank
Do you think he should get another PSA check for sure before having his rectal checked?
Blank
Hi,

The PSA and the rectal examination are independent tests. The need for a biopsy can be recommended with the findings from only one of these tests. Hence there is no specific need to repeat the PSA first. Performing the rectal examination and the ultrasound are somewhat invasive though, so I understand if you have some reservations.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Prostate Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...