Prostate Cancer Community
Post Prostatectomy pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Post Prostatectomy pain

3 months after Di Vinci Prostatectomy, pain at the base of the penis, radiating down the left leg. On a scale of 1 to 10, the pain level is 7 or 8. Totally effects walking. This is not a burning pain. Immediately after surgery there was enormous bladder infections these have been cleared up. What can be causing this pain? Surgery went well PSA is 0.03. Have become almost totally imobile. Legs are showing atrophy. Surgeon has no clue. He has not seen this in any other patient after over 800 DaVinci procedures.

IF the pain is extending down to the leg, I think the first step is to map out how far. This would entail estimating the nerves that are likely involved and by doing this neurologic examination – we could better demarcate where the problem is. If walking is affected – there may be problems independent of the procedure indeed. In the presence of a very low PSA – it is unlikely to have metastatic bone disease, but it is possible to have other problems in the spine that would not be related to the cancer.
I know you posted quite awhile ago but my husband had DaVinci about 2 weeks ago and everything went well.  Cancer was all contained according to post-surgery biopsy but the pain you are describing has plagued him since the original needle biopsy.  It is very frustrating since he was pain free and with no signs of prostatitis before the cancer diagnosis and it was just lucky that a randon routine PSA caught it at age 57.  We are blessed that the cancer is gone but the needle biopsy (done awake) was a nightmare and the assumption was that it caused prostatitis.  Without narcotics the pain is debilitating.  Just wondering if you got an answer to your pain or if anyone else has a similar story following biopsy.
I am 2 weeks post prosatatecomy op and I cannot develop a stream flow.  There are times when a stream the size of thread will flow without any feeling at all.  My penis has almost disappeared and I am also experiencing pain in the urethra..  The surgery was the da vinci robot
HELP?