Prostate Cancer Community
Scar Tissue After Radical Prostate Surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

The scar tissue following surgery has returned almost every 3 months for my husband.  The surgery was in January 2007.  The flow of urine is reduced significantly, and he has great pain until the scarring is removed. Surgical removal always requires anesthesia. I cannot see him suffereing this every three months for his natural life.  He is only 57.  Any counsel?  Thank you.
can you say what type of surgery he had
i guess it wasn't with the DaVinci method
but maybe this doesn't matter since it is
scarring around the uretha
Thank you.  The surgery was achieved with the traditional cutting/suturing method with a resulting scar in the abdominal area.  
My dad had prostate cancer and the surgery over a year ago and the last year has had stomach pains and vomiting off and on. They think it's scar tissue and will be going in to correct it on Tuesday. I hope it's all it is but he could have a blockage or something too. We won't know until they get in there.
Has your husband had all the tests to rule out a blockage? He may have to have surgery too, then. I wish you well.
My husband had radical nerve sparing prostate surgery, the Dr. said everything went well and he should be back to normal in months.  Well he too had scar tissue every few months, they had to keep going in to open the urethra tube under anesthesia. He had 3 surgeries, after which he lost all continence and the ability to get an erection. He had a forth surgery to have an implant. Now he can't control his urine at all. He works a full time job and has to wear a condom cathater and leg bag. The Doctor now wants to put a clamp around his urethra to stop the urine flow, when he has the need to urinate he can press a button to release the urine.  I wish we had gotten a more experienced Urologist and a second option.  I hope your husband does better and wish him Gods blessings. If anyone knows why the scar tissue keep coming back please let us know.  I don't know if we have a suit or not.  I know he's suffered a lot.
My husband had robotic prostate ca surg.March 2009. He also has to have scar tissue removed every 3 months..We were assured the DaVinci method had very little side affects..He's had nothing but..we are searching for a physician to help us...We are told that the position of the scarring is very unusual, close the the sphincter of the bladder...and the buchol graf procedure to repair it would leave him incontinent. He is only 53.  Is there any help out there...??
My husband had proste cancer surgery in 2008 he has had lower pain in his stomach and he can't us his bowels properly. Could this be cased by scar tissue?