Prostate Cancer Community
Urethra damage after cystoscopy...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Urethra damage after cystoscopy...

I had a cystoscopy several years ago.  I come to notice now that my urethra is about twice as long as it should be.  This really bothers me because my ejaculations do not squirt, they just dribble.  And after sex when I go to urinate my urine stream is not completely straight and sprays on the seat and floor.  Is there any surgical procedure I can do to fix this problem.  I was researching urethraplasty but that procedure is way to invasive, I only need it for the tip of my penis.  Is this a case of malpractice?  I am sure if he was gentle it wouldn't of happened.

Please advise,
Strictures (narrowing of the urethra) may occur after cystoscopy, but the symptoms present as difficulty voiding to outright urinary retention. Your symptoms seem to be the opposite. It is difficult to imagine a procedure that will return the old tone and lumen diameter of the urethra to its normal size without risking making it too narrow and developing a stricture. Perhaps you had best consult a different urologist if you feel uncomfortable with the previous one.
Please consult a urologist.A thorough investigation should be done and evaluated.But the ejaculation problem need not neccessarily be associated with the cystoscopy.Please consult a alternative medicine specialist for relief.A sex specialist can also be consulted.
Goodluck.
Uretheral strictures are known to occur following instrumentation. To confirm the diagnosis, consult an urologist.  
I had a cystoscope about 10 years ago. Immediately after the procedure I could blood and the pain has never stopped. I was told I was perfectly clear from that doctor and ended up being damaged badly. Ripping and tearing was a regular event and even after scar tissue develped....still have pain. I waited as long as I could until I saw a pain Management specialist and eventually gave in to the fact that that doctor damaged me forever. I had visited many of the best urologist on Arizona and called a number of them around the country. Since any doctor would need to perform another scope to scrape away the scar tissue created from the first one.....I was not willing to risk getting worse. Now, without health insurance I am without any hope of getting my health back to normal. If you know of any new procedures medicines that disolve scar tissue.....please please let me know..J
hello,i had cystoscopy done february 20 2012.since procedure was done i now have painful erections and a sharp pain in penis area that i never had before. nightime erections are painful now.i do not know what i am going to do as this is very distressing to live with. cannot find much information about this but i would not have this done knowing the effect it has had on me physically.
I need help I AM FEMALE AND I ALSO HAD A CYSTOSCOPY ..you never talk about this problem in females. I have had pain from day one...to make a long story short. My new uro dr wants to do a cystoscopy/urethral dilation I am terrified.  First the cystosocopy being inserted and removed ed 5 times is what caused this problem. But all my research has shown that the urethral dilation, has caused every women more problems. And that they have to have it done over and over is this true????  Need an answer soon  please help
I had the procedure 9 days ago and am experiencing the same pain. No one mentioned this as even a remote possibility. I'm getting a lawyer if this doesn't clear up!