Radiology Community
Free Gas? Something Else? Is This Normal?

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

8755068?1358646384
I have been undergoing imaging using multiple modalities for back pain and numbness in extremities lately and my physical therapist took xrays yesterday (MRI up til now) and while they were focused on my back, this big black blob under my ribcage on the left (right view) stood out to me like a sore thumb.  I use to work for a radiology department in a veterinary hospital, so I know a little, but mostly just enough to probably get me in trouble so I figured I would ask.  I'm not use to seeing gas in that region, and when I looked it up online "free gas" and pneumoperitoneuem" came up.  I'm going to see a specialist for my back sometime in the next week and a half and for another MRI, but I seriously am doubting anyone is going to look at or care about this, given everyone is focused on my back.

Obvious online research makes everything seem like an emergency, but given I don't feel horrible I am assuming this is just a weird, one-off occurrance where I happened to have an image captured with gas in this region at that moment? Anything I should be worried about or let my PHP know about?

Thank you so much for any thoughts on these images.