Radiology Community
Please help me understand my MRI result
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Please help me understand my MRI result

Hi everyone, I was dignosed to have papillidema and advised to have an MRI. I just had the result today and it said that everything is normal. The scary part there is a obstructive hydrocephalus, but there is NO mass lesions detected all over my head. Is it normal? How calm the CSF was blocked when there is no mass lesion? I'm really worries. Please help
Hi,
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Obstructive hydrocephalus may refer to an underlying defect in the free circulation and absorption of CSF through the ventricular system in the brain. This could be due to a variety of issues such as congenital aqueduct stenosis, subarachnoid hemorrhage, meningitis and obstructing tumor.  Symptoms may be evident or none especially if obstruction is incomplete or gradual. Treatment depends on the cause and it is best that you discuss the result with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Radiology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...