Please help me understand my MRI result
Hi everyone, I was dignosed to have papillidema and advised to have an MRI. I just had the result today and it said that everything is normal. The scary part there is a obstructive hydrocephalus, but there is NO mass lesions detected all over my head. Is it normal? How calm the CSF was blocked when there is no mass lesion? I'm really worries. Please help
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Obstructive hydrocephalus may refer to an underlying defect in the free circulation and absorption of CSF through the ventricular system in the brain. This could be due to a variety of issues such as congenital aqueduct stenosis, subarachnoid hemorrhage, meningitis and obstructing tumor.  Symptoms may be evident or none especially if obstruction is incomplete or gradual. Treatment depends on the cause and it is best that you discuss the result with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.