Radiology Community
Translation of Radiology Report

WELCOME TO THE RADIOLOGY COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to: Cancer Treatment, CT/CAT Scan, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy, Ultrasound, X-rays and all things related to radiology.

Translation of Radiology Report

I would like to get a translation to the following report, prior to seeing my obgyn.

Findings:
Uterus measures 9.3 x 4.3 x 5.0 cm.
Multiple small uterine fibroids are visualized. Subserosal fibroid of the posterior uterine body measures 2.0 x 1.9 x 1.9 cm. Small intramural fibroid of the posterior uterine body measures 1.3 x 1.2 x 1.3 cm. Small intramural fibroid in the  posterior fundal region measuring 13 x 14 x 12 mmwith possible submucosal extension. Small subserosal fibroid of the left aspect of the body measures 2.1 x 1.7 x 1.9 cm. The endometrial thickness measures  up to 9mm. THere is a small amount of fluid in the endocervical canal. The right ovary measures 3.4 x 2.5 x 2.5 cm and the left ovary measures 2.9 x 1.6 x 2.0 cm. There is a small dominant follicle or simple appearing cyst of the right ovary measuring 2.1 x 1.5 x 1.8 cm. The left ovary of unremarkble. No free fluid.
Impression:
Multiple uterine fibroids, as above.
Dominant follicle or small simple cyst of the right ovary, as above.
Small amount of fluid in the endocervical canal.

Please let me know what this is stating. Thank you.
The ultrasound report is suggesting multiple fibroids and ovarian cysts. Fibroids are benign tumors of uterus. Medications called gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analogs (Lupron) are commonly used in the medical treatment of fibroids. Other than that surgical treatment myomectomy which is removal of the fibroid (by surgery, laparoscopic or hysteroscopic methods) may also be entertained.

Cysts are fluid-filled sacs that can form in the ovaries. They are common in child bearing age.  Mostly they are symptomless But Ovarian cysts can, however, cause problems if they twist, bleed, or rupture. Most ovarian cysts will go away on their own.

One of the most effective treatments for ovarian cysts is use of contraceptive pills or progesterone pills. It can also be treated surgically and this procedure is known as drilling. Other modes of treatment are laparoscopic surgery, laparotomy or surgery for complicated ovarian cysts.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.